• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there a section / subforum for DIY..?

Pygmy

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find such a section.

I've been lurking here for some time, and I've also been hobbying, building my own speakers and class D amplifier based on a TPA3116 board.
Is there a section that discusses / reviews stuff like class D amplifier boards people can use to "Lego" together their own amp..?

My case:
I've built one TPA3116D2 amp with great success, now I want to make 3-way active speakers where each driver gets its own class D amp.
I've bought a Sure ADAU1701 DSP and a Sure 3x200W T-Amp board to play with, but I find out that the Amp is noisy, and once I connect the DSP even more noise is introduced - to an unusable level for me.

I'd love to know if there's a place where I can read up on individual DIY boards and implementations and peoples experience with them!

(I'm turning to 3E Audio now as I keep reading great things in the DIY scene about their stuff)

Last edited:
OP
P

Pygmy

My sincere apologies, I probably had a case of accute blindness for not spotting that. :-/

Top Bottom