• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is there a device that can send my digital music to my Amp that offers BT remote control and is not a battery powered DAP?

OP
D

Destination: Moon

It tested pretty well except for the software. Hopefully they've worked out the bugs by now!

Hope so! That I can't even open the SMSL web site, on a real computer is a little disconcerting.

It's the only device I've found that does what I want in a player..... Hopefully they got their act together

velasfloyd

why dont you get a DAC with bluetooth? this way you can use whatever you want as a remote to send the music into the dac and from there to the rest of the chain.
by the way, if you were using hiby r3 before the DAC, then the dap has nothing to do with soundstage, depth, musicality or any other word from the magic land of the imagination, because it is working only as a transport :)

OP
D

I'm using the R3s DAC. It has a dual ESS chip set, and Line Out. I still have trouble understanding how such a tiny device can make such a dramatic impact on the sound coming from my system.

You make a good point. I didn't realize there was a way to put the DAC downstream of the blue tooth feed.
What app would you use to send the music files? Does sending the files OTA via Blue Tooth to the DAC degrade them very much?

OP
D

It tested pretty well except for the software. Hopefully they've worked out the bugs by now!

Thought about your suggestion for a while and your right. Canceled the DP5 and went with the SMSL SU-9. Since I am on the tablet anyway, I can stream the music over to it. Thanks for your help

velasfloyd

SMSL SU-9 is a good option: you can stream from your hiby, phone, ipad, or whatever thing through bluetooth and so SU-9 will receive this and send the analog signal into your amp. You dont need special software. just connect bluetooth and it will send any sound over.

by the way, before you ask: all of this is for convenience, you will hear no difference. the dac is transparent. If you have a good amp is transparent as well... and then the only thing you will hear is your headphones or speakers... but as it is the same as before, then there will be no change. If you are waiting for a wooowww moment when everything sounds more spectacular... that will be no real.

whatever you heard with hiby is all your brain playing with you :)

OP
D

SMSL SU-9 is a good option: you can stream from your hiby, phone, ipad, or whatever thing through bluetooth and so SU-9 will receive this and send the analog signal into your amp. You dont need special software. just connect bluetooth and it will send any sound over.

by the way, before you ask: all of this is for convenience, you will hear no difference. the dac is transparent. If you have a good amp is transparent as well... and then the only thing you will hear is your headphones or speakers... but as it is the same as before, then there will be no change. If you are waiting for a wooowww moment when everything sounds more spectacular... that will be no real.

whatever you heard with hiby is all your brain playing with you :)

So why did I just spend $450 and others much more, when there are devices that do the same thing for 25% of the cost or less??

threni

Major Contributor
So why did I just spend $450 and others much more, when there are devices that do the same thing for 25% of the cost or less??

You can save a lot more than that if you know what you're doing. Check out these shysters:

https://www.richersounds.com/chord-company-sig-tun-aray-1m.html

£800 for a pair of RCA cables? Really? Sound any better, do they? I went with these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079FX4BB5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Especially as I needed two pairs and decided that spending £1600 to connect up parts of a hifi costing a total of ~£800 wasn't really very sensible, especially as it wouldn't sound any different. I suppose they use the profit from their expensive bits of wire to subsidise the research that's needed if they're to keep their position as producers of the world's ugliest DACs:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product-type/dacs/

OP
D

You can save a lot more than that if you know what you're doing. Check out these shysters:

https://www.richersounds.com/chord-company-sig-tun-aray-1m.html

£800 for a pair of RCA cables? Really? Sound any better, do they? I went with these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079FX4BB5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Especially as I needed two pairs and decided that spending £1600 to connect up parts of a hifi costing a total of ~£800 wasn't really very sensible, especially as it wouldn't sound any different. I suppose they use the profit from their expensive bits of wire to subsidise the research that's needed if they're to keep their position as producers of the world's ugliest DACs:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product-type/dacs/

They must be very special!!!! :)

OP
D

I still think there is a perceptible difference on music played from my LG V20 to the little Hiby .....
On my home system.... Not so much in the car with a 3.5 single end connection.
Not sure what to expect from the SMSL....I guess we'll see

Top Bottom