• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s a real thing, left channel only goes into the left ear right into the right, there are a couple of users here @Dialectic , I believe results are dependent upon the programme room and speakers.
There is a much cheaper Baach for Mac option.
Keith

Blockader

What exactly does it do? Can it be explained without reference to either Niels Bohr or Max Planck?
BACCH turns speakers into binaural sound sources via crosstalk cancellation. Binaural sources benefit from HRTF compensation. One of the BACCH features is head tracking. Basically the device tracks your head and keeps applying HRTF compensation as long as your head is somewhere in between cameras angle.

BACCH XTC is totally legit and scientifically sound. Also that box is not needed. BACCH operates in OS software layer too. All it needs is an interface and camera and that kit costs way less than BACCH box does.

you can read Toole's opinions on BACCH here in ASR too: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...c-pro-edition-a-report.2373/page-4#post-75283

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
BACCH turns speakers into binaural sound sources via crosstalk cancellation. Binaural sources benefit from HRTF compensation. One of the BACCH features is head tracking. Basically the device tracks your head and keeps applying HRTF compensation as long as your head is somewhere in between cameras angle.

BACCH XTC is totally legit and scientifically sound. Also that box is not needed. BACCH operates in OS software layer too. All it needs is an interface and camera and that kit costs way less than BACCH box does.

you can read Toole's opinions on BACCH here in ASR too: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...c-pro-edition-a-report.2373/page-4#post-75283
Thank you for the explanation. Guys like you are what make this site so great - and Amir, of course! :)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
a4ee416dee0df1e8443186c2aa0f9e07.jpg
Welll...it would in mine, anyways.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

atmasphere

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The common reason for frequency dependent distortion is usually a bandwidth-limited feedback loop creating distortions that vary with frequency. In an unpublished version of DISTORT I implemented negative feedback with variable bandwidth control, which lets me simulate and dial-in such an effect. It was an interesting exercise, but I felt it was getting too far into the weeds for general use, so it remains unpublished.
Its not that far in the weeds! Bruno Putzeys mentions this very problem as a shortcoming in his this article due to insufficient Gain Bandwidth Product in the amplifier design.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Its not that far in the weeds! Bruno Putzeys mentions this very problem as a shortcoming in his this article due to insufficient Gain Bandwidth Product in the amplifier design.
Look at this as an opportunity to make gathering your evidence easier. It will all be worst-case, so should be easy.

In case you missed my earlier question, can you supply the Atma-Sphere recording for processing? It's not available through my usual source (Amazon).

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Sure, it's not at all in the weeds for an EE or someone designing or building an amp. But it certainly would be for most audiophiles that DISTORT was designed for. I can be convinced otherwise, though ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
My question is - is the rest of the audio industry just full of it?
For the large part, yea.
The subjective community lives on you believing their opinions, presented with absolutely no supporting evidence.
"it is what I say it is" period.
BALONEY.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s a real thing, left channel only goes into the left ear right into the right, there are a couple of users here @Dialectic , I believe results are dependent upon the programme room and speakers.
There is a much cheaper Baach for Mac option.
Keith
BACCH is real technology, and it has ruined conventional stereo for me, as it has for several other members here. Not fraud or snake oil.

atmasphere

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Look at this as an opportunity to make gathering your evidence easier. It will all be worst-case, so should be easy.

In case you missed my earlier question, can you supply the Atma-Sphere recording for processing? It's not available through my usual source (Amazon).
@SIY PM me with your address and I'll send a CD.

atmasphere

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Sure, it's not at all in the weeds for an EE or someone designing or building an amp. But it certainly would be for most audiophiles that DISTORT was designed for. I can be convinced otherwise, though ;)
Distortion rising with frequency has been a problem for most amplifiers made. Its only been commonly eliminated with self-oscillating class D amplifiers. My point here is that without this aspect included, DISTORT won't be accurate since the 'transfer function' (what I call the 'distortion signature') isn't duplicated. Anyone using this software should be readily educated on the reason for this inclusion.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the entire audio industry a Frog?

People are asking these questions, they deserve answers.

Top Bottom