• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the Benchmark AHB2, in mono mode, really better than my Mark Levinson No. 536 monoblocks?

PGAMiami

What they did there is exactly the type of measurement I warned for in my post you quoted ... "I checked this with an alternate method, comparing the open-circuit voltage vs. the voltage when loaded with 4 ohms, and got the same result."

There's always a chance something's wrong, but how strong do you think that chance is when talking about technically the best amplifier the world, made by one of the most respected companies in the industry? Do you have any idea what went into designing this amp? In this case I would be a bit more hesitant with drawing conclusions from nondisclosed and non peer reviewed measurements from a Hifi magazine.
And by the way, the amps sound great and even better in bridged mono, even if we cannot explain why. Curious as to whether Pogo owns one?

Top Bottom