• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Schiit audio in business?

PETERPAN

I tried to place an order, but it says " rolling back order" with no time limit. Is it safe to order? My fear is that it could be forever.

rex4539

Schiit Audio have so much business, they are struggling to deliver.

They are the total opposite of not being in business.

Your fears are valid. It will take "as long as it takes" to deliver. If you are in a hurry, I would advise to either try to find some unit in a retailer (if you are outside the US) or look elsewhere.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Pandemic has caused supply-chain issues everywhere, suspect that's the problem.

Reactions: wje

ta240

Major Contributor
From what I see all their products have a different estimated ship dates listed. As Mart68 said, the pandemic has thoroughly messed up the supply chain. It is off both on the supply and demand side; supply is down and demand is skyrocketing.
My UPS driver said they have been running at constant Christmas package levels for months now; the drivers are getting burnt out and injured working 10-14 hour days.
Drive by a car dealership and see how many cars they have on their lots. Don't get your Honda's catalytic converter stolen because some of those are running around a year or more for their estimated delivery.

It is really nice that Schiit is being very up-front about the delivery times.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered from them at the beginning of the year and was worried because every time I checked their website the estimated delivery date had extended. However at the end of the day they were true to the originally quoted delivery date. It seems like they will not be in a situation were they have built up stock but can fulfill orders in the order they were placed in a relatively decent time.

Michael

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From what I see all their products have a different estimated ship dates listed. As Mart68 said, the pandemic has thoroughly messed up the supply chain. It is off both on the supply and demand side; supply is down and demand is skyrocketing.
My UPS driver said they have been running at constant Christmas package levels for months now; the drivers are getting burnt out and injured working 10-14 hour days.
Yes, I work for an international courier and we've been running at 'Peak' since mid-2020. The massive reduction in passenger flights has a big effect because so much freight goes out on them as well.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried to place an order, but it says " rolling back order" with no time limit. Is it safe to order? My fear is that it could be forever.
What did you order ? They have several thing built in Corpus Christi Texas now

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Pandemic has caused supply-chain issues everywhere, suspect that's the problem.
Yep. More than likely. I ordered some generic ARM micro controllers from Mouser Electronics in early April. Normally they have thousands of these in stock. I was first told my order would ship by November. Now it's pushed out to March 2022. The LM3886 amplifier chip that's also normally sitting at high stock levels now shows an August 2022 arrival date. These types of lead times are completely unheard of. I've seen supply crunches before - especially on ceramic capacitors - but never anything as widespread as what we're currently experiencing.

Tom

tomchr

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, I work for an international courier and we've been running at 'Peak' since mid-2020. The massive reduction in passenger flights has a big effect because so much freight goes out on them as well.
The couriers have actually done a wonderful job of adapting to the new 'peak' levels. Most of the time they deliver on time or maybe a day or two late if it's a long haul to the destination. Compare & contrast with the various postal systems that would take ~3 months to deliver airmail (which normally took 1-4 weeks).

Tom

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is a crisis in shipping as the surge in demand has created a major supply/demand imbalance that has sent some shipping rates sky rocketing.

Lawyrup843

So I just wanted to let you know those times they post on their site are very much worst case scenario time frames. I ordered 2 items that had 6-8 week lead times and they shipped within days. Both ordered at separate times too. They ship faster than what they are saying but i think they do that so people aren’t pissed off if it takes that long.

tomchr

Audio Company
Forum Donor
No matter what explanation was provided , I've failed to understand this one :D
I don't. Humans are emotional critters. Panic is a thing.

Tom

ta240

Major Contributor
It used to be worse. Remember when there was no toilet paper?

There is always, but it is $10 a roll:
Toilet-Paper-2(1).jpg

Robin L

Master Contributor
No matter what explanation was provided , I've failed to understand this one :D
It goes like this: offices, restaurants and other businesses were closed, the toilet paper for those places was made on much bigger rolls using different equipment than the tp found in grocery stores. So, the ability to produce standard rolls for domestic use remained the same while demand increased. Meanwhile, psycho survivalists and hedge fund racketeers swooped in and absconded with the standard tp in mass quantities until someone decided to place limits on retail sales. Result: panic in the bathrooms.

Top Bottom