• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Nobsound NS-01G any good?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9685

It is being sold at about 19.6 USD on aliexpress.com.

It has TPA3116 chip, bluetooth 5.0, and a USB DAC. Because it has 25V capacitors, I recommend 20V adapter.
Low frequencies are not going to be strong because it has two 25V 1000uF capacitors.

I don't know how good its USB DAC is, but it is probably better than an onboard soundcard since an onboard soundcard is affected a lot by CPU, GPU, and various components.

Does it have an acceptable noise floor? How about distortion?

I guess it's ok for applications in which sound quality is not a high priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mal

To my ears, this amp does have "harshness" at high frequencies (unless it's my Wharfedale 9.0 speakers, or both?) Any thoughts on simple ways to fix the harshness on a chrome os device? The simplest quick & not-too-nasty fix I I found was to use the Sound Equaliser app and choose "Treble Reducer". What would be the optimum equaliser settings to fix the problem? Of course, a better Dac + amp would help! In fact just the DAC, a Topping D10 greatly improved the sound going into the Nobsound in aux mode. Now I hear the harshness in more detail :) To try and fix the amp section, I have an Aiyima 07 on order!

Top Bottom