• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is my avatar forbidden on ASR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I like to know if my avatar is forbidden on ASR couse its political?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I would have thought a recognised (inter)national flag is , by itself, apolitical. Any sentiments expressed on the forum might be read in light of the flag avatar though.

D

Deleted member 23424

No nation's flag should cause issue for anyone.

The yeehaw nationalist fuckwits waving the flags are the issue. Always.

We all live on the same rock. Your nation, whichever it may be, is no more or less important than the next one. Your flag as irrelevant as your neighbours'.

I'm sorry if that doesn't provoke the two bob political bun fight you were hoping for.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
No nation's flag should cause issue for anyone.

The yeehaw nationalist fuckwits waving the flags are the issue. Always.

We all live on the same rock. Your nation, whichever it may be, is no more or less important than the next one. Your flag as irrelevant as your neighbours'.

I'm sorry if that doesn't provoke the two bob political bun fight you were hoping for.

No fight, just reasoning.

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Let fly your flags.

I just do at the moment. Sometimes the US, sometimes the German, sometimes the Ukrainian, sometimes the EU. The proplem now is which one is political enough to get forbidden on ASR?

Mindcool

Forum Donor
I just do at the moment. Sometimes the US, sometimes the German, sometimes the Ukrainian, sometimes the EU. The proplem now is which one is political enough to get forbidden on ASR?
Any content that our moderators decide is a violation against ASR forum rules?

OP
tomtoo

tomtoo

Major Contributor
The problem with flags is that they mean different things to different people and this evolves very quickly with time. Personally, if I had a message to convey, I wouldn't use a flag.

See its about rules, rules should be open and clear. So are national flags are forbidden as avatars than so it should be. But this had to be clear and open and for every flag.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
There are times on ASR where certain threads start to devolve, at which point I want to wave this flag ...

208589_original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom