• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is MQB better quality than iPhone internal DAC?

JJMiles6263

Hi,

I bought iFi Go Bar to use external portable DAC connected to my iPhone 13 PRO MAX. I use Tidal iOS (Masters MQA) since Qobuz is not yet available in Canada.

I only get MQB and not MQA with this setup. This is a limitation of Tidal iOS since Tidal macOS yields MQA from MacBook PRO (Exclusive mode…)

TIDAL support has been of no use at all.

So, my question is rendering MQB, cannot find what this means in terms of quality, better than what iphone’s internal DAC can render using lightning to 3.5 mm jack adaptor?

If not, Go Bar is pretty expensive solution for my needs.

thanks

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
mqb?

OP
J

JJMiles6263

Yes

Also called Original sample rate by IFI

1672171027898.png
1672171027898.png

staticV3

Master Contributor
better than what iphone’s internal DAC can render using lightning to 3.5 mm jack adaptor?
There's no internal DAC inside your iPhone. The DAC is inside the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter:
IiMMPFDrwtVSvsEu.huge.jpg

To answer your question, the DAC inside the ifi GO Bar is worse than the one inside the Apple headphone adapter.

Top Bottom