• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Mcintosh current amp?

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks Sal, and everyone else. I'll post more pics tomorrow. I'm too tired to unbox them today. I actually almost had what could have been a really bad accident getting them into my apartment... bit spooked about that still.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Sal, and everyone else. I'll post more pics tomorrow. I'm too tired to unbox them today. I actually almost had what could have been a really bad accident getting them into my apartment... bit spooked about that still.
Yeah good call. StuFF happens when one is tired and pooF an accident or something occurs.

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
First time ever my roommate asked me to turn down the volume. Must be doing something right with these puppies :)

I find that they are a vast improvement in all areas from my Akitika GT-102 power amplifier. Bass has a lot more oomph to it, and I detect no issues in the midrange and vocal regions. It all sounds wonderful, just as good as my Akitika, if not better. I will have to live with it for a few weeks to really make up my mind what differences there are between the two amps, but I think first impressions are very good.

Here's a preview pic of setup... my new rack from Timbernation is not in until next week and I'm going to wait until after I assemble that and get the gear all lookin pretty on the new rack before showing off the whole thing proper.

MC462daylight.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
First time ever my roommate asked me to turn down the volume. Must be doing something right with these puppies :)

I find that they are a vast improvement in all areas from my Akitika GT-102 power amplifier. Bass has a lot more oomph to it, and I detect no issues in the midrange and vocal regions. It all sounds wonderful, just as good as my Akitika, if not better. I will have to live with it for a few weeks to really make up my mind what differences there are between the two amps, but I think first impressions are very good.

Here's a preview pic of setup... my new rack from Timbernation is not in until next week and I'm going to wait until after I assemble that and get the gear all lookin pretty on the new rack before showing off the whole thing proper.

View attachment 55351

We should all give ourselves the white glove treatment now and then through life! Nicely done...

Tom C

Major Contributor

View attachment 55351
I’m really surprised how similar your setup is to mine. Right down to the racks. Chris F. did mine in walnut.
I’ve got the C2500, so 2 generations behind yours. Got it on nice discount when they were discontinued and replaced by the C2600. I put it together before I ever knew about ASR, and was trying to do stuff on my own. No dealer within 100 miles of my home. I wanted a straight tube system, so went with MC275 for power amps, based on favorable Stereophile review. Got some used Tannoys, just by dumb luck, had no idea what I was doing, just trying to build a good system but avoid spending crazy money, trying to do the best I could using the reviews.
The irony is, the tube preamp ended up being the way I found out how super good digital can be. I’m really happy with mine, and I’m sure you will be with yours. I don’t think I’ll ever part with it.
I bet the JBL’s are fabulous. The Tannoys have their own character, and I’m glad I tried them so I don’t have to be curious any more, but they do have some significant limitations. Maybe I need to trade...

Lao Lu

You could get two Benchmark AHB2s for $6k and run them bridged mono. They would put out 500w+ each and have state of the art performance. Some users here have used them with Salon 2s and seem to be very happy with them. I like the look, but you might not find them as pretty as the Mac products. They are backordered by about three weeks right now though.
Was just getting ready to say the same thing....:):)

Top Bottom