• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it okay to use the DAC to control volume?

OP
SuperDerpBro

SuperDerpBro

These look neat, but aren't exactly helpful as my goal is to control volume (properly) without having to get up, hehe :)

Streamc

I can't listen SMSL M300mk2 with volume control. Really disappointing. Do not know why. But with fixed level and controlling level from source (PC) is good.

OP
SuperDerpBro

SuperDerpBro

Well, I bought a AIYIMA B01. Looks like an A03 but with a remote, so i can use that if I need. *shugs* lol.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it’s really no different than usual preamp. Like preamps check your gain before sending signal to an amp.

SacreDro

Same question here, can I use a dac between my CD player and the amplifier that is set to maximum volume?

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Same question here, can I use a dac between my CD player and the amplifier that is set to maximum volume?
I would not recommend this. Instead, use the volume control on your amp to set the maximum level you would ever listen with the DAC set to 100% volume. Going forward use the DAC remote to control volume. This way you are protected against excessive levels damaging your speakers.

SacreDro

My amp is bypassed since I have the IC volume controller dead, thus the volume is maximum set, so I need somehow to reduce the input fornthe volume.

Top Bottom