• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it me or does Apple Music sound better on a macbook than iPhone?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
we are getting close, thanks to you man. seriously, thank you.
2a. I run the EX5 supplied USB B cable to this usb c apple multi port (usb a, hdmi, usb c) dongle. (see pic).
With the Schiit, I ran a RCA cable with a 3.5mm direct into the 3.5mm stereo in the macbook.
Now plug that into your iPhone with Dolby Atmos turned off and audio quality set to lossless and high or mid quality. Set your EX5 to USB and proceed to blow your nuts off.

Pjotter

Does Apple Music sound better through a MacOS- or through an iPadiOS- device, in both cases connected to an external DAC (iPad having USB-C!).
I ask this question because with an iPad we are not bothered by the Audio/MIDI-stage (mandatory on a Mac). Has anyone experienced/measured SQ differences ?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does Apple Music sound better through a MacOS- or through an iPadiOS- device, in both cases connected to an external DAC (iPad having USB-C!).
I ask this question because with an iPad we are not bothered by the Audio/MIDI-stage (mandatory on a Mac). Has anyone experienced/measured SQ differences ?
Via Airplay I can’t imagine a difference nor have I heard one. But via cable the MacBook also has the disadvantage of not being able to automatically switch bitrate.

Top Bottom