• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is it a bad idea to place speakers near the ceiling (and why)?

ozzy9832001

Lol, that's clearly not happening I'm afraid ! I was assuming that low frequency would pass the wallboard -- at least partially.
Not as much as you'd think. Plus, insulating partition walls is actually not a good idea for heat transfers and things like that. If it's an external wall it should already have insulation inside the stud bay.

OP
ethernode

ethernode

It is an external wall indeed, i was referring to the expected insulation. Sorry if I'm not clear English is not my mother tongue.

ozzy9832001

It is an external wall indeed, i was referring to the expected insulation. Sorry if I'm not clear English is not my mother tongue.
All good. You could add more insulation in the stud bays if it's external wall. That would be fine. Though, I think the drywall will prevent a lot of absorption from happening. I, personally, think that panels are the way to go.

Top Bottom