• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is Harman Anti-Audiophile?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We should set up a collection from everyone to build a tunnel under it when the time comes so that we can still import them. :D

Amazon delivery drones will fly right over the wall no problem.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Canny business, I think you guys bought a large swath of land from napoleon too?

Yeah, and then your guys came and attacked it.

The very same battle that lead to our national anthem.

Same war in which your guys burnt down the brand new White House. That's just mean.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yeah, and then your guys came and attacked it.

The very same battle that lead to our national anthem.

Same war in which your guys burnt down the brand new White House. That's just mean.
But then you built a better one! And you value your democracy because we made you fight to build it...

Kids:rolleyes:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

No.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

No.
Your right the answer is no, they are true audiophiles as in better fidelity through proper research .. The aberrations are the caliphate that have infested the pursuit of better sound and redefined the term audiophile and indeed THEY might well rebel against harman.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Your right the answer is no, they are true audiophiles as in better fidelity through proper research .. The aberrations are the caliphate that have infested the pursuit of better sound and redefined the term audiophile and indeed they might well rebel against harman.
Amen Thomas, my feelings exactly.

I was about to say, Maybe, but then so am I. LOL

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Your right the answer is no, they are true audiophiles as in better fidelity through proper research .. The aberrations are the caliphate that have infested the pursuit of better sound and redefined the term audiophile and indeed THEY might well rebel against harman.

Sorry, but I'm going to disagree.

In the minds of both the public (who snicker at audiophile foolishness), the willful denial of science among the extreme subjectivists, and the connivance of the audio media, they have coopted the term entirely.

It's akin to being in North Korea and complaining that Kim Jong Un's regime is not practicing true Marxism -- it's moot when the masses are saluting to the gurus and parroting the regime propaganda. At that point, you've already lost the war for mindshare.

Better to have a schism, make a different term.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Sorry, but I'm going to disagree.

In the minds of both the public (who snicker at audiophile foolishness), the willful denial of science among the extreme subjectivists, and the connivance of the audio media, they have coopted the term entirely.

It's akin to being in North Korea and complaining that Kim Jong Un's regime is not practicing true Marxism -- it's moot when the masses are saluting to the gurus and parroting the regime propaganda. At that point, you've already lost the war for mindshare.

Better to have a schism, make a different term.
FidelityFollowers

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
FidelityFollowers

Or just resurrect the term hi fidelity, which I think is also fitting with Harman's.

Many of the extreme subjectivists I've met aren't even interested in the concept of high fidelity or neutrality or faithfulness to the recording at all. They find the whole concept constraining to their freedom.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Many of the extreme subjectivists I'm met aren't even interested in the concept of high fidelity or neutrality or faithfulness to the recording at all. They find the whole concept constraining to their freedom.
That's pretty much the jist of what I get responded when discussing the premise of Hi Fi on sites such a CA. It tends to be an irrelevant idea.

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the term high-fidelity, and I'm increasingly using it. The problem is that "fidelity" doesn't capture everything I strive for in my audio journey. The ultimate goal for me is to create an illusion - suspension of disbelief. This is not fidelity. This is fooling the brain into beleieving that I'm not listening to two speakers and two channels, but that I'm witnessing a spatial auditory event. This illusion doesn't exist objectively in the recording. It only arises in my brain.

Now of course, there may not be a conflict here. I perceive that I get a better illusion when the record is played back as faithfully as possible. But still, the ultimate goal for me goes beyond formal, narrow fidelity.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I like the term high-fidelity, and I'm increasingly using it. The problem is that "fidelity" doesn't capture everything I strive for in my audio journey. The ultimate goal for me is to create an illusion - suspension of disbelief. This is not fidelity. This is fooling the brain into beleieving that I'm not listening to two speakers and two channels, but that I'm witnessing a spatial auditory event. This illusion doesn't exist objectively in the recording. It only arises in my brain.

Now of course, there may not be a conflict here. I perceive that I get a better illusion when the record is played back as faithfully as possible. But still, the ultimate goal for me goes beyond formal, narrow fidelity.

Easy solution..

Obtain high fidelity

Add

image.jpeg

Tbh you don't even need to buy a bong or even drugs just hang out with @Dynamix and enjoy that passive high..

Disclaimer ASR does not promote or endorse recreational drug use in any way..

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Disclaimer ASR does not promote or endorse recreational drug use in any way..

Except for beer.

ASR edit..
Management would like to make clear the advocation of beer in the beer thread is purely for medicinal purposes and to help our brothers avoid bad beer, as it's the bad beer that's bad for your health .

Top Bottom