• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is EQ'ing headphones worth it?

Is EQ'ing headphones worth it?

• Total voters
OP
Robbo99999

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah , it sounds great with certain songs, I usually switch eq's between genres to enjoy the experience better, I think rumble/buzzing sound is now gone or atleast I don't notice it, Thanks for sharing this EQ settings with me :) I know this is out of topic but I was also looking for new headphones that are closed back and more bassier, I was thinking AKG371 or Beyer 880 pro ( even tho i just got hd 560s recently ) , As from my experience hd 560's really sound good with jazz, vocals, percussions, analytical sessions and they're great but i'm looking to have an option to enjoy electronic, rap , hiphop and other genres, Do you have any suggestions?
That's good that the EQ is working well for you. One of the best ways to fine tune that EQ would be to adjust the bass level to your liking - so you'd take the 105Hz Low Shelf Filter and increase or decrease the dB of that filter to change the amount of bass - that's the best way to alter the bass level. You might find that if you finetune that EQ on the HD560s that it can excel at all genres of music - I find that the HD560s can do all music and even very bass heavy music, I find the bass very clear & defined on the HD560s when EQ'd properly - it's a low distortion headphone. So in my opinion I don't think you'll need a closed back headphone just to get more bass, as you should be able to achieve that with the HD560s. In my mind the only reason to get a closed back would be for blocking out sound from outside. I only have one closed back headphone so I can't give you personalised recommendations for closed back. From what I've read and the measurements I've seen then I can only say that I think the DCA Closed X would me my best recommendation if not spending obscene money for something like the DCA Stealth, here's some info on the Closed X:
I don't think you need that though, I think you can get what you want from the HD560s with the right EQ in terms of bass performance.

Top Bottom