• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Interesting. Any reason why you got the test?

Required monitoring test. That morning I got tested was the day I saw most people at once in recent two weeks. I have no clue what's going on. Currently following protocols and alerting everyone...

Last edited:

fivepast8

Forum Donor
Since January 10 and after following closely for roughly two weeks, I knew then how serious it was, and also the importance of wearing a mask. I made a move on January 26 to have a very serious discussion. It has been very tough @ times; with friends (close ones), with family, with online acquaintances, in open forums, in private, ... extensively and to the point of learning higher and higher with everything that comes with it...same wavelength, and rejections too. Well, you know how some people object with vigor to have their freedom, independence shaken, financial businesses evaporing.

On the other hand others made an amazing fortune from all this unfortunate mess for most...elderly, vulnerable, poor, jobs, ...you name it. There are phases in a pandemic.
I'm not sure which phase we're in, but it's not the last one ...

So for roughly eight months solid I know how serious COVID-19, Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is. And two weeks prior to that is when I really put attention, all alone first to make sure the discussion was serious. I side with science.

Anyway some of the people here (most) are taking it seriously too by bringing smart contributions. That's very important, to me and to them too. We are on the same wavelength here, all together fighting a common invisible and virulent enemy.
These are our doctors, these are our nurses, these are our parents, these are our children, these are our people, every human being on the planet, our blue planet, a pale blue dot in the vast universe.

Hello North Sky, and all other science based readers of this message board,

hope you all are doing well. Besides reading up on the pandemic and then taking appropriate measure to reduce the spread, such as social distancing, masks and hygiene measures, there is much more each one can do, namely up-regulate your immune system!

Boost your immune system by avoiding sugar, stress & nutritional deficiencies, while intermittent fasting, meditating, exercising and knowing WHY these strategies work!
Boost your immune system with positive thinking, taking positive actions and reducing the consumption of negative news and social media. What you focus on grows: start focusing on your health and stop focusing on Corona.

Watch the video below (slightly outdated now). The first 10min is a general view on Corona and T-Cell immunity, the second ten minutes is what one can do to boost the immune system:

Wishing you all the very best from Switzerland.

Last edited:

Neutron

Well, science stuff aside, I have been reviewing contact tracing protocols, and all I can tell is that I see no possible exposure during required monitoring period. My organization is currently under large scale monitoring and is randomly selection 1500 people on a daily basis. Current confirmation rate is about 5.8% on average (on week of 9/5 peak value 11.8%) . That said, I believe the virus has been spreaded rather widely. One senior was tested positive back in Jul and remained positive for a month without showing symptom. His family remained negative throughout the period.

I wholeheartly recommend that you guys try to get a test (if you haven't) with your local providers. It's probably free and you really should keep an eye on your health.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Belgium is waiving mandatory masks from October onwards. Right when our infection numbers are rising?? The mortality numbers are lower than last peak, probably because the infection # back then was in fact much higher than was known and counted at the time. That doesn't mean we can't reach such highs again. I'm really confused about the government's decisions. Probably, they caved under economic and businesses' pressure?

I'm waiting with bated breath to see how things will advance... everyone's waiting for the miracle vaccine cure...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Outwardly, things look "normal" around here, except masks are mandatory in all stores.

Not sure if the bars are open or not, but everything else seems to be.

Restaurants have cars.

All the stores have plexi shields in front of the cashiers.

Medical Offices are taking extra precautions.

Lower level schools open.

My bank requires an appointment to enter the lobby. Cowards.

My County Data:

In 2018, Hillsborough County, FL had a population of 1.44M people with a median age of 37.1 and a median household income of $58,480. Between 2017 and 2018 the population of Hillsborough County, FL grew from 1.41M to 1.44M, a 2.01% increase and its median household income grew from $54,731 to $58,480, a 6.85% increase.

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Hillsborough County, FL are White (Non-Hispanic) (48%), White (Hispanic) (21.8%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (15.6%), Some Other Race (Hispanic) (4.23%), and Asian (Non-Hispanic) (4.02%). 30.7% of the people in Hillsborough County, FL speak a non-English language, and 90.6% are U.S. citizens.

---------- xx = my guestimate

CASE DATA FOR HILLSBOROUGH
Total Cases: 41,016 ---------------- 2.8% --- 5,000/mo
Residents: 40,814
Residents Not in Florida: 0
Non-Residents: 202
Conditions and Care
Deaths: 605 --------------------- 0.042% --- 75/mo
Hospitalizations*
Residents: 1,807 --------------- 0.125% --- 225/mo
Non-Residents: 18
Demographics of Cases
Median Age: 37
Female: 21,673 (53%)
Unknown/No data: 347 (<1%)
Race:
Black: 5,286 (13%)
White: 14,499 (36%)
Other: 5,886 (14%)
Unknown/No Data: 15,143 (37%)
Ethnicity:
Hispanic: 10,432 (26%)
Not-Hispanic: 12,896 (32%)
Unknown/No Data: 17,486 (43%)

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

Last edited:

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
France is taking right now even more strict measures ... !!
10% of the tested people in Paris are infected !

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

hope you all are doing well. Besides reading up on the pandemic and then taking appropriate measure to reduce the spread, such as social distancing, masks and hygiene measures, there maybe much more each one can do, namely up-regulate your immune system!

Boost your immune system by avoiding sugar, stress & nutritional deficiencies, while intermittent fasting, meditating, exercising and knowing WHY these strategies work!
Boost your immune system with positive thinking, taking positive actions and reducing the consumption of negative news and social media. What you focus on grows: start focusing on your health and stop focusing on Corona.

Watch the video below (slightly outdated now). The first 10min is a general view on Corona and T-Cell immunity, the second ten minutes is what one can do to boost the immune system:

Well...I dunno about the fasting part.

While intermittent fasting has indicated some longer term benefits, in the short term fasting - or significant caloric deficits - actually stress the immune system and drop immunity. I don't wanna do that while Covid is flying around. So I'll stick to eating well, and eating enough.

fivepast8

Forum Donor
Well...I dunno about the fasting part.

While intermittent fasting has indicated some longer term benefits, in the short term fasting - or significant caloric deficits - actually stress the immune system and drop immunity. I don't wanna do that while Covid is flying around. So I'll stick to eating well, and eating enough.

Hi Matt,
correct, you still eat well and you still eat enough, just in an 6-8 hrs window, instead of eating and snacking all day. The 16 hrs break from digesting food gives your body time to "self heal". This insight, and the associated research around that, won the 2016 Nobel Prize (autophagy) for Ohsumi-san. The body uses this time window to look around for all sorts of dead cells and other scrap and "digests" that. At the same time growth hormones are released which renew old cells. This is a powerful booster for the immune system.
Moreover, high amounts of insulin that is released when carbs and sugar are digested often also have a negative effect, often leading to obesity, insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetes, and as we all know, these are the people most at risk from Covid.
Cheers

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
In the meantime hete in the Netherlands people have been increasingly ignoring restrictions. This is leading to a very worrying and rapid increase in infections, a higher rate of positive results among those tested etc. Mortality is still low but hospital admissions are incŕeasing.
As in the US ignoring social distancing rules seems to be part of a right wing political narrative. I am not sure why - I would have thought that a desire for survival is near universal.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Yikes the quarantine had me hit 140/100 recently and I was like :eek: the doc gave me a couple Tylenol on the spot. Going to buy a monitor and exercise more often.

Stage 2 amigo; don't push too hard, watch movies, read books, listen to some tunes (Opera), relax in a hammock, watch birds, watch clouds, ...room service.

You have a swimming pool, a Jacuzzi?

North_Sky

Major Contributor

hope you all are doing well. Besides reading up on the pandemic and then taking appropriate measure to reduce the spread, such as social distancing, masks and hygiene measures, there is much more each one can do, namely up-regulate your immune system!

Very very good. :cool:

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Belgium is waiving mandatory masks from October onwards. Right when our infection numbers are rising?? The mortality numbers are lower than last peak, probably because the infection # back then was in fact much higher than was known and counted at the time. That doesn't mean we can't reach such highs again. I'm really confused about the government's decisions. Probably, they caved under economic and businesses' pressure?

I'm waiting with bated breath to see how things will advance... everyone's waiting for the miracle vaccine cure...

Belgium, herd immunity strategy for a change?

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Some very good insights and advice in this thread right here, I like it.
...Smart people, highly respectable people.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
watch clouds

About 20yr. ago I typed "why don't people lay back and look for shapes in the clouds anymore?" into Google and got one hit from a very nice young lady in the midwest. This is why I insist on having skylights in my home. One of my fondest memories is coming home from my first year at college and sitting on my a** in a lounge chair staring at the clouds with my mother yammering at me about something I didn't give a s*** about.

Wombat

Master Contributor
A quote heard today:

"If you don't like wearing a mask you sure won't like wearing an intubator".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom