• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroy 85032

Here are some significant developments:
i don't know where you get info , but the corona virus being airborn is a universally accepted fact , including the cdc.. the only info to the contrary is "bad information"...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Went to see my Primary Care Physician yesterday.

Max temp measured 102.8 around 3am

(I like measurements - and I subjectively felt bad too)

Since I had a fever I had to go back to my car and they would call.

They called, I talked

Then waited for a call back.

I suppose they figured I wasn't a Covid Zombie and agreed to see me.

BP -179 over something - whoa
(today 128/75) measured at home - that's about normal for me, elevated, but not a "treatable" level

Asked the Doctor what he thought of the Covid vaccine situation.

He said "I won't be taking it on day one".

Hope you are feeling better Ray.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
i don't know where you get info , but the corona virus being airborn is a universally accepted fact , including the cdc.. the only info to the contrary is "bad information"...

I know that; the reason why that was very surprising from the CDC to revert course, changed the guidelines, did what they did without any solid explanation.
It's like it came from vapor in the air ... magic pouf, from nowhere and everywhere and directly from above ...

I agree with you 100%

Within the next four to six weeks I expect the CDC doing more "dancing" like that for the good health of world's/US population...if you know what I'm saying.
The CDC is simply not in control anymore ... not 100% anyway.

These are no ordinary times, these are no ordinary people, these are much tougher times than what we could ever have wildly imaginated.
_____

Back then (few months ago) they were on the right track ...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02058-1

Last edited:

leeroy 85032

I know that; the reason why that was very surprising from the CDC to revert course, change the guidelines, did what they did without any solid explanation.
It's like it came from vapor in the air ... magic pouf.

I agree with you 100%

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02058-1
i could tell by your post that you knew that covid was airborn..i guess my post mostly refers to whatever media thinking it needed to grab a cheap headline.. WP readers (the vast majority anyway), know this as well , so imo it was a cheap headline ..cnn reported the same thing a couple days ago, and as much as i "trust " them more than(some) other sources, they still grabbed for a cheap headline as well , they played it up like a "mini- scandal"...

North_Sky

Major Contributor
i could tell by your post that you knew that covid was airborn..i guess my post mostly refers to whatever media thinking it needed to grab a cheap headline.. WP readers (the vast majority anyway), know this as well , so imo it was a cheap headline ..cnn reported the same thing a couple days ago, and as much as i "trust " them more than(some) other sources, they still grabbed for a cheap headline as well , they played it up like a "mini- scandal"...

This was the biggest news recently from the CDC; something never seen or heard before. There are many more articles from very high positioned experts on health, and they were simply flabbergasted too.

Of course I know about airborne transmission; I have been following Coronavirus extensively since January 10-11. ...Every single day, several hours, religiously, seriously, learning and educating myself. For almost nine months I'm taking a course on life and death, plus everything else that comes with it. Aren't we all?

This is no sci-fi flick, this is real as real it can be, dead serious real.
We both, all know that.

leeroy 85032

This was the biggest news recently from the CDC; something never seen or heard before. There are many more articles from very high positioned experts on health, and they were simply flabbergasted too.

Of course I know about airborne transmission; I have been following Coronavirus extensively since January 10-11. ...Every single day, several hours, religiously, seriously, learning and educating myself. For almost nine months I'm taking a course on life and death, plus everything else that comes with it. Aren't we all?

This is no sci-fi flick, this is real as real it can be, dead serious real.
We both, all know that.
yep.. don't get me wrong .. there may well have been political pressure to take the warning down , but at this point , those of us with brains know this is par for the course .. interesting that you've been following it since january.. i was still wishing/ hoping for a better turnout till about mid march.. good on you for figuring it out early .. those woodward tapes opened my eyes to just how f***** up our dear leader is, and in his effort to "not cause panic" was how much sacrifice he was willing make of human life to spare his wall street buddies from a crash....

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Since January 10 and after following closely for roughly two weeks, I knew then how serious it was, and also the importance of wearing a mask. I made a move on January 26 to have a very serious discussion. It has been very tough @ times; with friends (close ones), with family, with online acquaintances, in open forums, in private, ... extensively and to the point of learning higher and higher with everything that comes with it...same wavelength, and rejections too. Well, you know how some people object with vigor to have their freedom, independence shaken, financial businesses evaporing.

On the other hand others made an amazing fortune from all this unfortunate mess for most...elderly, vulnerable, poor, jobs, ...you name it. There are phases in a pandemic.
I'm not sure which phase we're in, but it's not the last one ...

So for roughly eight months solid I know how serious COVID-19, Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is. And two weeks prior to that is when I really put attention, all alone first to make sure the discussion was serious. I side with science.

Anyway some of the people here (most) are taking it seriously too by bringing smart contributions. That's very important, to me and to them too. We are on the same wavelength here, all together fighting a common invisible and virulent enemy.
These are our doctors, these are our nurses, these are our parents, these are our children, these are our people, every human being on the planet, our blue planet, a pale blue dot in the vast universe.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

North_Sky

Major Contributor
My clinic is closed Ray. If I need emergency it's 911
My appointments with my doc are virtual, phone or video internet (YouTube?).

How's your temp now?

Tip: Stay in bed, drink Koolaid (or pure orange juice, or herbal tea), and ask your best neighbor, favorite girlfriend, wife, ... to make you homemade hot pea soup.
Rest for 3 to 5 days and you should get back into your Marvel suit without a sweat.

P.S. Forget the Koolaid, that was an 'error'.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Hold on til tomorrow Ray.
And you know the rest; listen to your doc.

* If it's too hard to get up, have him coming to your place.
Tell him to bring a bible in case...a scientific audio bible.
...And few antibiotic transistors.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
Yikes the quarantine had me hit 140/100 recently and I was like :eek: the doc gave me a couple Tylenol on the spot. Going to buy a monitor and exercise more often.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Temp keeps varying.

Read up on fever, that's one way the body fights things, so decided not to pharmaceutically reduce it unless it heads toward 103F/38.44C, which I haven't seen yet.

Right now - 100.1F/38.39

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/fever/symptoms-causes/syc-20352759

Another Doctor appointment tomorrow.

38.39, don't treat 38.44, treat - you've got to love engineers ;)
(are you using the exact same calibrated device in the same external conditions on the same body location and the same vasodilation level?)

Just kidding: I sure hope you get well soon!

As far as fever is concerned, two semi-independent mechanisms which would be, in broad terms, 1) make the environment less comfortable for some pathogens 2) stimulate the immune response. The coronavirus doesn't really care about 1 and 2 migth be problematic in the sense that the issue with very severe cases is often the immune system over-reacting (which is the reason why dexamethasone and other immuno depressors help(*)). Bottom line: don't make yourself uncomfortable on vague generic hypothesis. One could also consider that a standing and active patient will keep a better pO2 level and will have less stasis at the bottom of his lungs that a sitting/lying one.

(*) it's really a classical dilemna: what's killing the patient? The pathogen by itself or the immune system reaction? If that is the pathogen, immuno depression will lead to a catastrophe, if that is the immune reaction its effect is positive.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Brilliant reply based on logic against FUD.

What I find amusing about the "libertarian" (that is a kind spin on what is often Ayn Randian) forecasts of doomsday if Governments impose any restrictions for public good is that it often goes in parallel with total denial of worsening effects of Climate change and so not requiring any Government intervention. What is common between the two? Ideology or self-interest.

One advantage of the pandemic (if I dare say so) is that those somewhat deluded types are proven wrong in near real-time. In a few months, they go from "our people have an absolute right to go to the pub as they please" to "we'll use the army to enforce the measures if necessary"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom