• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is cable sound real? A more holistic approach trying to track it down.

Are you interested in these kind of tests and would actually participate?

• Yes

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters

pma

Major Contributor
Yeah. And KSTR definitely knows about Pano test, many of us have been on diyaudio for almost 20 years. I think that similar cable tests are pointless and they only give some space to subjectivists or cable sellers/producers to promote strange theories that cannot be supported and verified. I am in doubt what is the aim of the thread.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Hi PMA. I guess, with the sunami of cable propaganda (lies) these days, some want to prove for themselves that (proper) cables dont make a difference. Thats why I posted the link. Maybe it will save some of these people some time. IMHO its a waste of time and already been done, but what the hay, its not my time.

charleski

Major Contributor
Good luck. Over at Diyaudio, Pano did exactly this. He included the original file ( no loop thru) for reference, a good quality copper cable ( Mogami), a potatoe and a banana, and the last file thru mud. These were blind tested and no one could reliably tell the difference.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/236248-fancy-interconnects-potato-mud-36.html

Results are halfway down the page.
Research has shown that extremely ripe bananas make the best cables.

OP
KSTR

KSTR

Major Contributor
For those interested in my measuring efforts, you may want to look here (the --microscopic-- DA-->AD distortion of the RME ADI-2 Pro nicely exposed audibly) and the follow up here (no cable "signature" found) and have some fun ;-)

Descartes

Major Contributor
Seriously just buy Canare, Mogami or Belden used by pro-audio and be done with!
Everything else is overpriced, overhyped and just masking the manufacturer and dealers richer at your expense!

Top Bottom