• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digby

Major Contributor
3x3m is a relatively small room. Maybe consider smaller speakers and a sub? Then if you move later by some larger main speakers.

OP
Some Luck

Some Luck

3x3m is a relatively small room. Maybe consider smaller speakers and a sub? Then if you move later by some larger main speakers.
Thanks for the reply! I guess one of the questions I have is: what is the advantage of a smaller speaker + sub combo in a smaller room? Is it just that it allows for more flexibility of placement? For instance, if we were to compare the KH line, what would be the advantage of the KH 80 +KH750 over the KH 150?

macmovieman

Loved reading this tread and I’m deciding between the 8331 and 8341 too. I think my biggest decision is to go with a 10 inch sub or 2-8 inch subs? I love the raw look but I might get the white instead? Going to place the order later this week so I have time to decide if I should wall mount or desk mount. This is an 8 foot desk and with that monitor I would kind of like the speakers to not get in the way.

I know I’m going to get flack for having a Sonos set up at my desk but I just feel like it’s time to upgrade. I had a beam in the middle with two fives on the side and a sub over in the corner. I will end up selling those. I also need lots of wall treatments around my office, so I’m trying to decide which company to go with and order everything at the same time. I’m likely going to need to have a rug in the middle of the room as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Top Bottom