• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is anyone using a Jameco Reliapro power supply?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I saw a review from a guy who clearly had some high end stuff and mentioned the Jameco Reliapro power supply was terrific on his Topping E50 DAC. I had the Topping D50s recently and tried it with the USB hub, and also powering it from a 10,000ma power brick I keep for testing. I couldn't notice an audible difference even though some reviews insisted it made some kind of magical difference on the D50s. They're just $14 so I'll probably get one anyway, but I was hoping someone here has tried or was using one to see if there's an audible difference or a test has been done on them.
After hearing no difference on the power brick there's no way I'd spend the $130 on their linear power supply, but for $14 it doesn't seem like much of a gamble. Going to try for a good price on an E50 first. When I had the Khadas Tone2 I also compared a Samsung charger, power brick, and clean USB hub and couldn't pick out a difference between them. Going to hit a thesaurus for placebo synonyms and start a brand of audio accessories :)

JSmith

Master Contributor
This comment is direct from the manufacturer;

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I couldn't notice an audible difference even though some reviews insisted it made some kind of magical difference on the D50s.

When I had the Khadas Tone2 I also compared a Samsung charger, power brick, and clean USB hub and couldn't pick out a difference between them.
That should tell you all you need to know.. $14 saved :)

Top Bottom