• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is anyone is interested in measuring Status Audio CB1 ?

FTB

Hello,

I bought these headphones, they are not shipped yet.
Is anyone interested to have them a couple of days to measure them ?
I personally don't possess any headphones measuring set but I can lend them.

Just tell me if you're interested, I change the delivery address to your home then I pay the shipping costs to my home.

Have a nice day everyone

ugur38

If you're from USA: We measure audio equipment for free!!!

If you're from EU, you can contact with Oratory1990 or Solderdude.

Edit: I've just checked and seems like Solderdude already measured it. But his measurements are done on flat plate, if you want measurements from GRAS rig then you can send them to Amirm or Oratory1990.

Last edited:
OP
FTB

FTB

Hey,

Thank you for you answer.
Amir is OK to measure them, it should receive it first from Status Audio wich is in the USA then send back the headphone to me.

I'm OK with Oratory and Solderdude measurements but to me the work of Amir with the Audio Precision is more precise.
Oratory curves are very smoothed, Amir measurements are raw, we see all the details of the headphone's performance.

e.g. for the AKG K371 :
Oratory : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ftqm1c13xjcqgv/AKG K371.pdf?dl=0
One smoothed channel only.
ASR : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...1-measurements-frequency-response-png.107870/
Little or no smoothing, both channel so we can see the channel unbalance.

ugur38

Oratory is using Audio Precision signal analysers too, it's mentioned on the bottom left of PDF. If you want detailed and non smoothed measurements on industrial standard rig then Amir is the only choice.

Your profile says you're from France so maybe donating the price of headphones to Amir would be cheaper than shipment cost since Status Audio CB-1 is a cheap headphone. You can talk to him via private message.

Reactions: FTB
OP
FTB

FTB

Oratory is using Audio Precision signal analysers too, it's mentioned on the bottom left of PDF. If you want detailed and non smoothed measurements on industrial standard rig then Amir is the only choice.

Your profile says you're from France so maybe donating the price of headphones to Amir would be cheaper than shipment cost since Status Audio CB-1 is a cheap headphone. You can talk to him via private message.
Yes that's it, I would like no smoothed.
I already talked to Amir, the headphone will be firstly send to him, 4/5 weeks delay for the measurements to be done.

Thanks to solderdude measurements we already have a preview :
Up is K371, down is CB1.

K371 more linear under 1 kHz, CB1 better above 1 kHz.

Attachments

• compar_371_cb1.png
    compar_371_cb1.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 44

Whatever18

Yes that's it, I would like no smoothed.
I already talked to Amir, the headphone will be firstly send to him, 4/5 weeks delay for the measurements to be done.

Thanks to solderdude measurements we already have a preview :
Up is K371, down is CB1.

K371 more linear under 1 kHz, CB1 better above 1 kHz.
Are the CB1 that good in your opinion?
I'm looking to buy them but I live in Europe and I can only find them on the official site right now, they are shipped from the US, that adds taxes. I wonder if they are as good as it's claimed on the diyaudioheaven blog, otherwise I might go for something else I wouldn't have to order from the US. I'm mostly interested in a neutral headphone for studio mixing purposes.

OP
FTB

FTB

I don't know that is why I ask.

I ordered one and got shipped it to Amir. In 4 or 5 weeks we will have the measurements of these headphones made by ASR so your question will be answered.

The measurements on DIYaudioheaven looks promising because there isn't the large 3.5 kHz dip the K371 have, there is a smaller dip at 5 kHz.
But the treble at 10-15 kHz falls short in the CB1, maybe cymbals will be darker than the K371.

FYI DIYaudioheaven will measure my K371 with velour pads from Dekoni Audio in August. It's an interesting question as there is no official spare parts for the earpads.

I live in Europe too, the whole price with taxes was 80€, it is still a bargain for headphones.

Top Bottom