• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is anyone else Ok with less than perfect performance?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

Is anyone else Ok with less than perfect performance?​

Alas, I have to be, as I do not think I have ever given a perfect performance no matter how much I practiced beforehand.

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
The subs are commercial origin, Arendal Sound 1723 Subwoofer 1.
Yes, this system is all closed design. It goes to 20 Hz and a little lower, but retains very clean and easily distinguishable reproduction of notes. All ported designs I've heard lose this "definition" ability and turn into mumbling when port noise takes over. And port noise does take over rather soon. This system can handle bragging to friends

In which eq mode you use them for music?

tvih

Sound-wise I think I'm pretty "forgiving", but if I do notice an actual flaw, that needs to be fixed one way or another. Such as the channel balance being off mentioned in the first post... I've actually been having that problem sometimes, but I never could nail down why it happens. Always goes away after while even in the rare instance when it does happen, though. But still annoying.

In terms of sound, one big no-no would be too much sharp sibilance or such in the treble. Had a DVD player with that issue back in the day (well, it's still probably in storage somewhere). Presumably a very crappy DAC in it to cause such a thing. Very fatiguing and annoying.

sojun80

This forum has taught me I'm not really an audiophile. I just wanted to buy good enough equipment for my living room. I didn't want garbage and I didn't want to spend a ton. Literally everything goes through my TV. EARC makes life so simple. Anyone in the house can turn on the tv or stream to it and good to go. I don't know anything about DACs and tube amps and vinyl and etc etc.

I bought a RZ50, a couple of SB 2000 pros, 4 Revel low end speakers and 3 low end ceiling revel speakers. That's my system. Sounds pretty good and in theory I could expand to another amp if I wanted to later but quite honestly I'm done. The reviews here and some subwoofer reviews is all I needed.

I actually want a lot more bass...I'm tempted to dig into my old car audio equipment and get some 15"s going...but that's so not audiophile. It wouldn't be balanced. It would just slam and shake the house....oh well, filthy casual I am.

Jukka

This forum has taught me I'm not really an audiophile. I just wanted to buy good enough equipment for my living room. I didn't want garbage and I didn't want to spend a ton. Literally everything goes through my TV. EARC makes life so simple. Anyone in the house can turn on the tv or stream to it and good to go. I don't know anything about DACs and tube amps and vinyl and etc etc.

I bought a RZ50, a couple of SB 2000 pros, 4 Revel low end speakers and 3 low end ceiling revel speakers. That's my system. Sounds pretty good and in theory I could expand to another amp if I wanted to later but quite honestly I'm done. The reviews here and some subwoofer reviews is all I needed.

I actually want a lot more bass...I'm tempted to dig into my old car audio equipment and get some 15"s going...but that's so not audiophile. It wouldn't be balanced. It would just slam and shake the house....oh well, filthy casual I am.
I think that "audiophile" should be renamed to "gearphile" and a distinct term introduced for people who love the actual music. Something like "music lover" or similar.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I think that "audiophile" should be renamed to "gearphile" and a distinct term introduced for people who love the actual music. Something like "music lover" or similar.

Gearphil and visiophil. Couse the gear has to look nice.

Top Bottom