• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is 2020, Audeze LCD-2 Classic / LCD2C Share your thoughts, should improve, measurements and guide.

oldsweatyman

Do you feel vacuum suction with the stocks? Some ppl claim it will harm the drivers.
I personally don't, but maybe its because I wear glasses. I also bought a used pair, so maybe the leather is worn in enough to not suction so much.

lyons238

do you have more pictures and information about how you did the fazor mod? Do you have the fazor on both sides? do you have the STL files? did you design them or? curious to learn more, thanks!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you feel vacuum suction with the stocks? Some ppl claim it will harm the drivers.

Mine as stock had that noticeable suction. That and the overall cold/wet feeI of the pleather lead me to change to Dekoni velour as I prefer the feel , plus gets rid of the suction.

roskodan

Thought I'll share my EQ APO / PEACE settings. Frequencies for Filter 5 and up are from AutoEQ InnerFidelity data, so I stuck with that. Low shelf are from Amirm LCD-X review (frequency adjusted a bit), which I found works fine for the LCD2C as well.

Filter 1: ON HP Fc 22 Hz (off, not tested)
Filter 2: ON LS Fc 40 Hz Gain 4.0 dB Q 1.0
Filter 3: ON LS Fc 75 Hz Gain 4.0 dB Q 1.0
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 1.0 (use if sound too forward)
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 1998 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 1.0 (lower dB/disable if sound too forward)
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3913 Hz Gain 7.2 dB Q 1.67 (3~8dB optimal)
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 5913 Hz Gain -5.7 dB Q 4.31 (-3~ -5.7dB optimal)
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 8753 Hz Gain 4.0 dB Q 1.49 (lower dB/disable if treble fatigue)

Screenshot:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

roskodan

Just a heads up (as it seems posts lose the ability to be edited after some time XD, funny forum is fun).

AutoEQ oratory1990 data is the one that looks... ahem... sounds... most "on target" out of the box. So one may want to check that one out first to have a reference sound for comparison.

roskodan

I had an issue with the metal arc pressing against the strap, resulting in a painful hot spot. The metal arc can be raised by making so it's attached only by its lower two holes to the rods assembly (pictured). Resulting in ample space between the arc and strap.
11453130.jpg

roskodan

Btw, if using audio players that support convolver plugins, like foobar2000 has the Impulse Response Convolver plugin, just download the .wav file from AutoEQ and load it into the plugin (WARNING turn off "Auto level adjust", in plugin settings, as it seems to not work properly and induces digital clipping).

This is some next level stuff guys, highly recommended. :cool:

Papking

I know this post is a little old but I just got my LCD 2Cs. I had problems with the stock ear pads. Very comfortable but caused almost like a vapor lock to my ears that was annoying. I happens to have some Brain waves Xl pads in portein leather. When I put them on (pia) the cans were way more comforatble and sounded truely incredible. The bass was strong but not muddy as I think the low lows were increased and the upper base was slightly leasended and sounded less muddy. The MIDs I always thought had a bit of shoutyness in vocals. That completly disappeared with the pad change. I then tried taking the pads out from behind the grills and replaced with sheer speaker grill material. This did decrease the overall bass a little but opened up the treble and increased the sound stage and imaging.(I tried this before the pad swap and did not Luke it) These cans no longer are as dark and sound incredible with more detail. Now my everyday cans, and I almost never want to listen to anything else.

sakt1moko

Hi folks.

Ive been dreaming lately to get the audeze LCDX, but a nice pair of 2classics appear on my radar.
I usually eq all my headphones, so I see this post with all you modding and eq this headphones.

Should I get them for 520 euros (openbox) or lcdX are superior?

My other headphones are akg 701qj, aeon flow open, audioquest nighthawk, moved from matrix i-mini 3 pro.

Thanks

OP
N

Ntrax

Audio Company
Hi folks.

Ive been dreaming lately to get the audeze LCDX, but a nice pair of 2classics appear on my radar.
I usually eq all my headphones, so I see this post with all you modding and eq this headphones.

Should I get them for 520 euros (openbox) or lcdX are superior?

My other headphones are akg 701qj, aeon flow open, audioquest nighthawk, moved from matrix i-mini 3 pro.

Thanks
LCD 2C, dark and wider, lighter too. Fantastic mids performance, bass may be too much. Not the cleanest out there, still abit of muddiness to it but it slams hard.

LCD X, bass slams harder, still not the cleanest bass same muddiness to it, intimate sounding, you won't get wide soundstage, you get more treble energy and details, but bad mids, nasal sound v2018, they claim to be fixed on v2021, I yet to hear them, they are darker claimed from a friend of mine who own it.

That's all I can tell.

sakt1moko

LCD 2C, dark and wider, lighter too. Fantastic mids performance, bass may be too much. Not the cleanest out there, still abit of muddiness to it but it slams hard.

LCD X, bass slams harder, still not the cleanest bass same muddiness to it, intimate sounding, you won't get wide soundstage, you get more treble energy and details, but bad mids, nasal sound v2018, they claim to be fixed on v2021, I yet to hear them, they are darker claimed from a friend of mine who own it.

That's all I can tell.

Thanks for responding mate.
Ive been looking a used LCD2 (fazor), and I think im gonna get them if the seller accept my offer.
I want a bass planar headphone, aeon and Hifiman 4xx, doesnt have that deepest bass that audeze claims to have.

Thanks for ur respond

BlackD007

Hi! Has anyone tried lcd-2c with iFi xDSD Gryphon? How does it work together? Does this dac/amp reveal them?

isostasy

Does anybody know if there's any difference besides looks between the following LCD-2 Closed backs?

Untitled.png
LCD-2ClosedBackSquareEditedagain_2000x_00035b91-1c63-46f0-8164-b19b0a5f8707_740x.png

I see both described as either "LCD-2 Classic Closed" or "LCD-2 Closed" so not clear whether one is a closed LCD-2C and the other a closed LCD-2 or both are just different looks of the same closed version.

Top Bottom