• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iPhone Audio Player with EQ and Headphone Profiles?

Lukas13

I used to use Dirac on my iPhone, it astounds me how Apple could not use something like this to make their stock earbuds sound so much better (but then they did buy Beats…)
After that I found Accudio which still runs on iOS 11 (although you can no longer get it on the app store and it appears that the servers that I used to be able to load custom profiles from is no longer up). This had profiles for a bunch of different headphones - e.g. sound tailored specifically to my Sony MDR-V6s, and the had tons of other models too.
Now that Dirac is dead and Accudio only sort of works I was wondering if anybody has found a better player or utility for iPhone? There is an Equalizer app I’m going to take for a test spin.

Newtothis

Sonarworks SoundID?
I‘m confused by how Sonarworks functions. I bought some Focal Elex with it. The seller said he sent the headphones to Europe to get calibrated. Do I need to login to their site for anything? I’m new to all of this. My first set of nice headphones.

Merkurio

At this point, your best bet is something hardware based like the Qudelix-5K.

Bamboszek

I‘m confused by how Sonarworks functions. I bought some Focal Elex with it. The seller said he sent the headphones to Europe to get calibrated. Do I need to login to their site for anything? I’m new to all of this. My first set of nice headphones.
Seller probably sent your headphones for individual calibration at Sonarworks.
Individually Calibrated Headphones from Sonarworks

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use Boom, a kind of subscription IOS App. It works to a point. It is supposed to integrate with Spotify but once you fire Spotify on it , your recomendations, lists, your Spotify doesn't come up ... rather Spotify comes.. Not yours not the interface you're used to.
Best bet to repeat @Merkurio post, is the Qudelix-5K. I just ordered one .. and am also thinking about a good NC headphones for travel since my Sony WX-1000 MK2, finally broke... Literally.: one side just cracked and broke .. After almost 5 years of hard use. It does work but is so beat up ... :eek:..

Bamboszek

I provided you exact link with all information, but you didn't even showed minimal effort to read it.
If you wish to use calibration for your headphones you need individual calibration file and load it to Sonarworks SoundID Reference or Reference 4 software.

Top Bottom