• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iPhone And The Trade War

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've not used an Apple product, although I have used Windowmaker window manager on both Linux and BSD; it mimics the NeXTSTEP GUI. I was happy to use it, but am probably the only one. I have nothing against Steve Jobs, but I'm not sure the current company has much value left in it (not talking market value--but creative product value). I mean, how many times can you sell what is essentially the same phone over and over at increased prices? Is that a sustainable business model? I don't want to single Apple out--the same goes for Samsung, too. But they can manage the spread by selling washers, dryers, and refrigerators. And I think they own Harman International which, I guess, is profitable for them.

I was impressed with the Huawei product, and was planning on buying one from ATT a year or so ago, but the government put a stop to that plan. So I'll just keep my Galaxy S6 until it dies. Then get something cheap. The whole phone thing is overrated, IMO. Things in phone land started to go downhill when they broke up the real phone company. Back then, those black boxes, hard wired into the wall, would last forever. And you could use one as a weapon, if need be. LOL

Top Bottom