• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IPad (or IPhone) EQ

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How do you EQ on a IPad, beside the useless EQ profile in ITune. What are the people on ASR using, since EQ is so important to listen with Earphones.
I do most of my Earphones listening on my IPad, from itune but also other streaming services.
The solution I am looking for is not adding a box to the iPad or iPhone, it has to be software, I intend to keep plugging the earphones to the iPad phone plug or Apple dongle on the iPhone.

Last edited:
OP
Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

If using a qudelix-5k, beside being able to apply EQ, which is already big, what other advantage would be gained using a Sony mdr wx110, or similar easy to drive headset?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If using a qudelix-5k, beside being able to apply EQ, which is already big, what other advantage would be gained using a Sony mdr wx110, or similar easy to drive headset?
Bluetooth, Mobility, convinience with regards to volume control.

OP
Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Bluetooth, Mobility, convinience with regards to volume control.
I not sure to follow, I do not need Bluetooth when connecting my headphone to my iPad, adding a box to my iPad is not improving on mobility and volume control works just fine. How are those advantages of using qudelix-5k with a iPad to get the ability to use EQ settings?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I not sure to follow, I do not need Bluetooth when connecting my headphone to my iPad, adding a box to my iPad is not improving on mobility and volume control works just fine. How are those advantages of using qudelix-5k with a iPad to get the ability to use EQ settings?
Lets say you want to do the dishes, you still want your iPad to be carried around?

Every dongle needs to be connected, but not every dongle offers Bluetooth and quality of life features.

OP
Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Good point, did not see it that way, as I already have BT head set, but I agree, that device allows the plugged headphone some BT convenience with the iPad as a source.
But mostly, if one already have BT headset, the main feature is to be able to set EQ when streaming from a iPad.

Top Bottom