• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IP address Project Stream box s2 Ultra

OP
C

coinup

so no chance, then.

yes, 158.

Can i change the range in the router settings??

AudiOhm

so no chance, then.

yes, 158.

Can i change the range in the router settings??
If you do, many of your other devices will not work. The standard is never 158 as far as I know.

You can change the last, 4th set of digits to less than 255, but that is no help for you.

Bring it back to the dealer and let them reset the IP address to dynamic...

Did you listen to it at the dealer?

Ohms

OP
C

coinup

ok i give in, i ll speak tomorrow to the dealer.

no i didnt listen to it at the dealer.

Thank you for eveyones help.

OP
C

coinup

Managed to get it working, but it occasionally disconnects from the network whilst using LAN. Also won't recognise my NAS in the play app, and when connecting a hdd it will only scan up to music files starting with the letter J.

Tasr

This is for those who did not find the help with google....

I also had kind of "lost IP" problem with my streambox s2 ultra. Tablet did not find s2 ultra menu and box was in kind of semi working order. Booting lights showed okeish result with steady blue but no Net led light. LAN cable connection did not work either. Shutting down the unit also worked ok and took the time it takes. Indication was that network connection was problem and fix that and take S2 again into network and use it.

I tried install, re-install and fix instructions and video from here:

All seemed fine and easy in instructions. Promising alternative was that connect the hdmi cable, mouse and keyboard. That is kind of old school what I like and see on the screen. But nothing come to the tv screen. I thougt that it is then a booting problem and broken partition or similar? Then I thought that it needs the factory reset and fixing the software. Did try that with good instructions, but it kind of booted but the restarts were missing. I was scared to switch of the unit when no reboots happened and it did not finalize and nothing was visible on tv screen. Expectation was that now it finally would boot from usb and show something on screen. It did not. The dark feeling of having new lightweight aluminium anchor was entering into my mind.

What to try next to software based hw box after some looooooooooong moments of trying and googling....

As an old school person I thought that now is the time to open the HW hood. Just to see what it has eaten and is there even anything to do inside the black box. 2 screws were tight and after opening those the sliding of the internals was easy

It was delightfull to see that there is "small" problem inside. The kind of detatchable module card (with black heat cooling unit on top of it) right end was few mm loose from the AMP connector. Jippii! Possible good problem found and just parts back in and try again.

Everything worked again ok and tv screen showed nice booting ending into the main menu - problem fixed!

Now google knows also this fix it solution...

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was delightfull to see that there is "small" problem inside. The kind of detatchable module card (with black heat cooling unit on top of it) right end was few mm loose from the AMP connector. Jippii! Possible good problem found and just parts back in and try again.

The module card is a RaspberryPi Compute Module 3, it's no surprise that the unit was acting strangely if the CM3 was not fully connected to the rest of the components - CM3 is at the bottom...

519project.ins.jpg

Picture from: https://www.stereophile.com/content/pro-ject-audio-systems-stream-box-s2-ultra-network-bridge

Top Bottom