• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IOTAVX SA3 Integrated Amplifier

SunnyRehde

Forum Donor
Hi Gurus , I would like to check is there a way to bypass IOTAVX SA3 DAC ? I understand SA3 has weak DAC. I already has Cambridge DACMagic100. So I’m trying to connect DACMagic100 RCA out to SA3 . However I don‘t get the logic which DAC will drive my speakers (Broea BR03) or SA3 ? Please advise . Much appreciate for your help.
Use this chain: Digital Source -> digital-in of Cambridge DAC -> analog out of Cambridge DAC -> analog in of IOTAVX amp. The IOTAVX's DAC will only be used if you connect into its toslink (or digital coax) input.

Nainghsy

Use this chain: Digital Source -> digital-in of Cambridge DAC -> analog out of Cambridge DAC -> analog in of IOTAVX amp. The IOTAVX's DAC will only be used if you connect into its toslink (or digital coax) input.
Many thanks for you answer ! One more question. I‘m trying to use my old subwoofer Yamaha HS10w (active) with Borea BRO3 for 2.1 setup. My thoughts of chain : Digital Source -> digital-in of Cambridge DAC -> analog out of Cambridge DAC -> analog in of IOTAVX amp -> Pre out of IOTAVX amp -> HS10W sub XLR - Input (RCA to XLR cable) -> HS10W sub XLR - Output (XLR to Banana Plug) -> Borea BR03 . Would it be work ? What are the hight cut and Low cut value for the HS10w sub has to be set to reach correct frequency for Borea BR03 ? Many thanks in advance !

SunnyRehde

Forum Donor
Many thanks for you answer ! One more question. I‘m trying to use my old subwoofer Yamaha HS10w (active) with Borea BRO3 for 2.1 setup. My thoughts of chain : Digital Source -> digital-in of Cambridge DAC -> analog out of Cambridge DAC -> analog in of IOTAVX amp -> Pre out of IOTAVX amp -> HS10W sub XLR - Input (RCA to XLR cable) -> HS10W sub XLR - Output (XLR to Banana Plug) -> Borea BR03 . Would it be work ? What are the hight cut and Low cut value for the HS10w sub has to be set to reach correct frequency for Borea BR03 ? Many thanks in advance !
The XLR outs are line-level outputs to connect active speakers or a power amplifier for the satellites. These are no speaker-outs!! At least I suppose so......better ask the manual.

Nainghsy

The XLR outs are line-level outputs to connect active speakers or a power amplifier for the satellites. These are no speaker-outs!! At least I suppose so......better ask the manual.
Hi SunnyRehde, This is noted and thanks !

Last edited:

Larx

Does this amp have a tweeter hiss when no audio is playing? I have Klipsch speakers that are 93dB sensitivity, and my current amp (Cambridge Audio AXA35) has a hiss that is always present (even at lowest volume, but does not get louder with higher volume) and much louder than on any other amp I've ever owned. This is a big issue because I use speakers on my desk and can always hear the hiss. This is the main reason I'm looking to upgrade to a better amp, to get rid of the hiss or at least lower it significantly. I'm not talking about hiss that can appear at high volumes, I just need it to be quiet at normal desktop PC use volumes.

2. Does this amp have auto-off function that cannot be disabled? I heard something, but need it confirmed. I don't want the amp to automatically keep shutting off on me while I'm using PC.

Elgrosso

I have 3x PA3 not SA3, but I’d assume it’s very similar if not better since it has less components inside.
Anyway they are the amps that gave me the lower noise on my system, with 98 & 95db midranges and tweeters, active crossover.
So no toroid buzz or hum, and I can only hear a hiss with the ear at 1cm of the mid cones, nothing at 10cm, and nothing at all on the tweeter.

I tried a bunch of amps among the relative best for low noise, like hypex nc, ice asx, an old class A and some AB, they were all too noisy in my case, buzz or hiss.
Topping pa3 were dead silent, but unusable as power amps.
Tested an AXA25 and it didn't have any hiss, but was buzzing from the power supply.

But I'm not sure it’s helpful, as things can be different with your setup / home.

Top Bottom