• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IOTAVX SA3 Integrated Amplifier - Overheating Problem?

aq111

IOTAVX SA3 Integrated Amplifier - Overheating Problem?

I wonder if anyone owns one of these and could help me?

I've had this amp for 3 weeks and the top of it feels warmer/hotter (subjective I know) than any previous amp I've owned. I originally had it positioned with a CD player sitting on top of it, which obviously didn't help the cooling, and the top was too warm/hot to comfortably keep my hand on it for very long. The front panel was also very warm. I now have it free standing on a shelf with nothing above. It has cooled down somewhat but the top still feels very warm to the touch, though I can now comfortably keep my hand on it, and the front panel is just slightly warm. I sent an email to the manufacturer 2 weeks ago but have had no response, so I thought I would try here before phoning them.

Thank you.

Last edited:

timewilltell

I had to return mine but not for that issue. I will say that it got warm but nothing I’d consider slightly problematic from a heat perspective. For reference, I have an AVR that actually raises the room temperature a bit... Also, regarding customer service - they’re known for ghosting customers post sale - as they did to me.. I had to open a paypal dispute to get my money back. Good luck.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Someone in another thread said they responded much better to a phone call than to email. Given the way spam filters sometimes behave it's dangerous to assume that an email has actually got through.

Top Bottom