• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IOTAVX SA3 control via RS-232 interface

igfarm

Does anyone know the protocol for issuing commands to the IOTAVX SA3 amp using the RS-232 inetrface?

I managed to connect a cable to it, set the baud to 115200 bps and can see data coming out of it when I take it out of standby, change volume, etc.

What I like to do now is to issue a command to the amp to change the volume or come out of standby.

Sample:

Code:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 cs8 -parenb -cstopb crtscts
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

IrAddress:00fe, IrData:12
[KEY] KMSG_STANDBY
Power_Handle()
I2C read device 0x20 error!
CS8416 id & version : 0x00, count = 1
CS8416 id & version : 0x2f, count = 2
dimmer: 8
POWER_ON_TRIG
source line1
balance : 0dB
volume : -30dB
bass : 0dB
treble : 0dB
APD Init : 1
[KEY] KMSG_AMP_STEREO
Amplifier stereo
Mute on Time out

gfx_1

On github there is some info:
turned up these:

OP
I

igfarm

Thanks for the links. I did tried both projects before. The first one seems to be geared to IR control, while the latter seems to be made for the VX1 but did not worked on the SA3,

I did reached out to tech support and Ian reached back to acknowledge control I wanted is missing and they will be reviewing and adding support on an upcoming release.

OP
I

igfarm

Well, the nice folks at IOTAVX provided a firmware upgrade to the SA3 which allows control of the amp via RS-232, so I am a happy camper.

From readme file:

Please note this V1.11 is only applicable for the units with firmware version is V1.10 only .
You please check the firmware version before you update the firmware.
You could long press the power button after you power on the unit. The unit will display the firmware version.

pkrisz74

Hi,

What kind of cable must be used for the SA3 firmware update?

BR,

Krisz

Top Bottom