• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Iotavx pre amp

rccarguy

Any chance this could be tested?
It's the only sub £1000 av pre amp I can see.

Quite stripped down back panel, only thing I would like I proper dual sub out, and decent room EQ.

Maybe best to use this straight through don't use onboard eq, and settle for my antimode

Does this have same issue as outlaw 976, silicon image chip where eq is done prior to bass management?

I can't see what RCA/XLR preout voltage spec is, I've emailed them and had no reply

Last edited:

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I also emailed them asking for THD specs, never gotten a reply. But found a used one in mint condition for €480-ish shipped. So I just went for it. Looking at the DAC used the SINAD won't exceed a 100, but if it 90+ I'm happy anyway. Is there a safe way for me to measure the voltage using a multimeter? If so I can do that for you when I receive it.

I'm planning to also use double subs, but from a single output and room EQ from there. Don't have any subs right now, but from what I measured with my UMIK everything higher than 500hz is pretty flat and most of my issues are below 200hz. Don't know how I will fix the 100-200hz, but below that I should be able to do it with the subs. But if you tell me how I can check your EQ bass management question let me know.

OP
R

rccarguy

No you can't test with multi meter you need a oscilloscope.

Not sure to check if it has eq prior to bass management read the outlaw 976 review and if it has same issue he had.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
No you can't test with multi meter you need a oscilloscope.

Not sure to check if it has eq prior to bass management read the outlaw 976 review and if it has same issue he had.
What review?

Koeitje

Major Contributor
OP
R

rccarguy

Rather errrr on the side of caution. I emailed iota they haven't replied so not a good sign nor disclose of specs.

I'd risk it for price you paid for it not £700

MASKINEN

I don’t have experience with the products but I spoke to the owner once. It’s a small company and it’s the owner who usually answers the phone. He said that they’re working on a pre pro with atmos as well.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Rather errrr on the side of caution. I emailed iota they haven't replied so not a good sign nor disclose of specs.

I'd risk it for price you paid for it not £700
The reviews of this didn't show any big problems, and the previous gen had a pretty good reputation. So I just went for it. I've listened to technically speaking ****** DACs and enjoyed them, so how bad can it get :D.

I don’t have experience with the products but I spoke to the owner once. It’s a small company and it’s the owner who usually answers the phone. He said that they’re working on a pre pro with atmos as well.
Do you have more information on that? Not that I would buy it now, but just out of interest.

OP
R

rccarguy

If want

Proper dual subwoofer out
XLR for all channels
Decent room EQ
Stable voltage on outputs.
7.1 input
Pure stereo analogue bypass

MASKINEN

The reviews of this didn't show any big problems, and the previous gen had a pretty good reputation. So I just went for it. I've listened to technically speaking ****** DACs and enjoyed them, so how bad can it get :D.

Do you have more information on that? Not that I would buy it now, but just out of interest.

Not really, I spoke to him almost a year ago and they haven’t launched it yet.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
So I got mine and it seems to sound fine. Then again, like I said before, I've listened to some ****** DACs and haven't been that bothered by it.

But I got to say, if you want to reach them/him don't use the chat or the contact form. The one I got from eBay was missing the measurement microphone (wasn't mentioned in the ad...), so I wanted to try and get one from them. Had some contact through the chat and got confirmation that he had a microphone and would send me an invoice. Maybe I misunderstood, but I haven't heard anything yet. So I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can get it sorted out that way.

edit: called and got everything sorted, it somehow slipped his mind. Can happen, no bad feelings :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom