• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iOS Eq App suggestions for use with Spotify?

Hugh Jass

Hi Everyone.

newbie here, and not sure where to post this question. I currently mostly listen to music via Spotify on my iPhone. I was wondering whether people had any rec’s on any Apps to Eq the digital output? I am hoping to be able to simply have my phone, a small dongle, and my headphones to enjoy good quality sound, and from Amir’s reviews, it seems like the ability to add a couple simple Eq tweaks would work wonders.

buz

Forum Donor
Not sure about software, but if you are willing to use hardware, Qudelix 5K would easily do the job. Not quite as small as the smallest dongles, though.

Ralferator

Not sure about software, but if you are willing to use hardware, Qudelix 5K would easily do the job. Not quite as small as the smallest dongles, though.

So there is really no good equalizer for iphone and spotify yet? That's crazy. Or does anybody know one

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So there is really no good equalizer for iphone and spotify yet? That's crazy. Or does anybody know one
It’s probably restricted by ios. Spotify would have to implement an equalizer within itself.
Alternatively you can use roon I guess?

OP
H

Hugh Jass

Hi

I use an app called Boom. Works ok. Not that well integrated with Spotify though but it does work. It is a paid app :(

It seems like there are apps for any MP3's, but not for streaming. Boom and SpotEQ are the ones I found online that claim to be compatible with Spotify. I was just wondering if anyone had much experience with them. Spotify has an internal EQ, but it looks pretty rough. Is it simple to make Eq curves with Boom?

OP
H

Hugh Jass

MiniDSP has a dongle that looks like it can do it too. Anyone have experience with it? MiniDSP vs Qudelix?

Top Bottom