• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IOM Mono Class D Amplifiers

Garlic

Hello,

Has anyone here bought or tested the IOM Classic Premium mono amp or another recent product from that company ?

I read the review AmirM did of one of their earlier (2019) products but not much info about newer products...

Great website/forum btw, just spent hours and hours reading all the very informative threads on the different class D technologies !

Thanks

Sokel

Master Contributor
What's to test?
Unless they have done something really wrong it measures similar as any other NC500 implementation.

(welcome!)

Last edited:
OP
Garlic

Garlic

What's to test ? dunno... build quality, heat dissipation, power supply, etc
Seems like there are hundreds of tests / reviews / discussions of different brands using the same "chips" on this forum...

And maybe they did something wrong, hence my question since this product is not reviewed anywhere.

best,

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks good, price is OK too, and probably upgradeable to the new NCx500 modules when they come out for extra low noise and a little more power.

Sokel

Master Contributor
What's to test ? dunno... build quality, heat dissipation, power supply, etc
Most of the implementations don't seem to care a lot about thermal issues (with exceptions of course) and most of them use some holes,or the case,etc.
I have only see one or two with heat sinks but I have not seen any major complains coming from the rest (the minimal ones).

Insides look clean,nothing to see really.
If your concerns come from the fact that it includes the meter driver then scrap it and choose a simple one.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The version without meter is cheaper and inside looks OK as far as I can see.

voorzijde4-scaled.jpg

nc500-schuin-achter-scaled.jpg

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most of the implementations don't seem to care a lot about thermal issues
I don't think there's much concern about thermal issues with Hypex and Purifi amplifiers. My NAD C298 has no fan or fins, is in a closed cabinet and the surface of the amp doesn't get above room temperature during use. (I don't recommend this configuration, just reporting what I've done to preserve WAF.)

Sokel

Master Contributor
I don't think there's much concern about thermal issues with Hypex and Purifi amplifiers. My NAD C298 has no fan or fins, is in a closed cabinet and the surface of the amp doesn't get above room temperature during use. (I don't recommend this configuration, just reporting what I've done to preserve WAF.)
Same with my Icepower modules,I have them installed in fairly large (but only 10 or so cm thin) cases and even the 1200as2 with 30 watt idlle gets barely warm.Strange thing is that is getting colder when playing,even at no-sensible levels.

MAB

Major Contributor
That looks fantastic!
front-1-scaled.jpg
I like.
I guess If I went for the meters, I might see if I could get another set of bare meters for cheap, in case of a scratch or ding... Or if you just want more meters lying around on a shelf, just for fun...
If you want to save money, the meters seem quite expensive.

OP
Garlic

Garlic

VU meters are a 250€ premium vs same model with no VU... so 500€ for a stero pair.

Thats a grand total of 2400€ for complete system... which looks cool as hell, even my wife loves the look :cool:

But for that kind of money i'd feel better having reviews or actual feedback from customers. Unfortunately, IOM does not seem very popular, nothing on multiple forums...

Jobo

Hello,

Has anyone here bought or tested the IOM Classic Premium mono amp or another recent product from that company ?

I read the review AmirM did of one of their earlier (2019) products but not much info about newer products...

Great website/forum btw, just spent hours and hours reading all the very informative threads on the different class D technologies !

Thanks
Hello
I am owner, what do you want to know?

bkatbamna

Since these would last a long time, I'd pay the extra for the meters.

Carlton80@0

I would buy
the case sans the amp and PSU just for the meters. Oh so sexy!

Jobo

VU meters are a 250€ premium vs same model with no VU... so 500€ for a stero pair.

Thats a grand total of 2400€ for complete system... which looks cool as hell, even my wife loves the look :cool:

But for that kind of money i'd feel better having reviews or actual feedback from customers. Unfortunately, IOM does not seem very popular, nothing on multiple forums...
What do you want to know?

Hello
I am owner, what do you want to know?
Sorry for my english,I bought the mono version,they sound excellent.

Top Bottom