• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Invitation to design a digital playback with DRC setup/update

labdoc

I want to update the digital and DAC chain in my system. There is a lot of expertise on this forum. What would you design? The budget is flexible up to $10,000.

CURRENT: Digital network player* > Optical SPDIF** > RME Fireface UFX > USB to computer > Acourate Convolver*** > USB back to RME > RME DAC > stereo mains + stereo subs.

* Digital network player is Daphile software in linux running on an Intel NUC. Daphile is a Logitech squeeze server and renderer clone.
** Also have used NUC>USB>Bryston converter>AES>RME. Same issues
*** "Acourate Convolver" is Digital Room Correction software on Windows 10x64 pro. AC runs filters designed in Acourate (Audiovero.de). Input is ASIO digital and output is to the analog channels on the RME

ISSUES: (1) occasional dropouts (2) the RME does not automatically switch to follow the input frequency, e.g. 16-44 will not switch to 24-96.

OPTIONS and CONSTRAINTS
I want to stay with the Logitech ecosystem because of other rooms on the network
The PC and the RME are both old and can be replaced.
I like Acourate, but there may be alternatives I do not know about.
A new multichannel DAC is interesting (Exasound) - I could do the Acourate measurements and build the filters in the current setup, then swap out the RME for the Exasound for playback. However, I have not figured out how to use Acourate Convolver and an external network player with the Exasound.

Top Bottom