• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Invasion Apple+

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm liking Invasion quite a bit, but I am content to sit back, avoid binge-watching, and let the story develop at it's own pace. At least as of Season 1, it's a human drama, and while the effect of the invasion is widely felt, the aliens themselves are minor characters. There's a sense of modern lives and everyday problems being suddenly overturned by .... nobody really knows: Few explanations, no reassuring voices. And the true nature of the threat is only gradually understood.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is why I argued above that the "problem" with this show is not that it's bad, but rather that it's not giving you what you want - which seems to me to be a more one-dimensional aliens-invade-we-freak-out-we-fight-them narrative. There are plenty of those available, and I really enjoy them. And I also enjoy this for what it is. It's no less realistic than those other types of alien-invasion films - and in fact is IMHO far more realistic in how messy it is.

We think alike. I was hoping it would not be the same exact treatment of the old alien invasion theme and mostly, it wasn't. And while the characters are not necessarily likable, they are realistic, flawed, and yes, human.

Top Bottom