• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introduction to Audio Science Review YouTube Channel

H

Hifihedgehog

Stupendous! Five out of five!

1614796307018.png

ezra_s

Forum Donor
:eek: ROFL! Absolute masterpiece!!

ezra_s

Forum Donor

thats_it

Just found Amir's new YT channel.
Absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuuuv it. Bet the snake oil maunf's are poopin' their pants. I can just see Paul McGowan of PS Audio rushin' out to the store for more toilet paper ... good thing Amir didn't start his channel a year ago .... when stores ran outta that essential item.
Anyway, Amir ... keep those JUICY 'uns comin' :)

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Koeitje

Major Contributor

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Haha not what I expected. Love the "unaware I'm on camera" intro gag. :D Nice to let the people know we're light hearted... now back to staring at graphs like we do.

But hearing the chewing--didn't need that. I need less transparent headphones.

Rick ":)" Denney

Midwest Blade

ASR where we actually figure out if an audio product does what it is supposed to do...properly.

Does this mean we will not use wonderful descriptive adjectives. Thus will be fun and educational...once again I hear audiophile heads exploding all around the world like on Mars Attacks!

Last edited:

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
But hearing the chewing--didn't need that. I need less transparent headphones.

Rick ":)" Denney

Well I liked the chewing. It was high fidelity, even on YouTube. And that’s what we are after.

semi seriously, one thing reading Mr.Linkwitz’ efforts that struck me was his suggestion to spend time listening to real sounds, and comparing them to recorded examples of the same thing.

what if there were double blind tests where the listeners could not distinguish between a real glass breaking, and a recording of a similar event? There’s a real test.

even if you use bananas!

nimar

Forum Donor
What a great video. Simpatico. Kudos.

I have question about measurements, age and range of human hearing. If I am not mistaken it is 20 to 20,000 Hz. But for most people over 40/50 > 12,000 Hz is hard to hear.

So we can measure much more than we can hear. I am often under the impression that the community overemphasis measurements that are visible but not audible.

Is that so or am I just plain wrong?

Thank you!

likely several threads on this, eg.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-good-is-your-hearing.20417/

jam

It is for sale indeed. Please see: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...s/asr-merchandise-to-order.20549/#post-679566

Just got my samples. Not bad. :)
That's pretty cool merch Amir. Imagine ASR fans going to audio shows and expos while wearing ASR shirts. That would strike fear into the minds of the exhibitors as well as the snake oil showmans that perform those dubious demos. It would help keep them more inline and honest.

Can you perhaps write a philosophical dissertation on the ASR logo design? Just kidding. Can you please explain in a few words what the design represents, the choice of colours, who designed it, etc.? I for one and I suspect others would find that interesting.

Top Bottom