• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introduction to Audio Science Review YouTube Channel

Somafunk

Major Contributor
A few months ago I “almost“ bought that lamp after a few beers n’ whisky as i convinced myself I really needed it, but I have a “thing” where I never purchase anything if ive been drinking and it’s after 10pm, the next morning with a slight hangover and nursing a double espresso I saw it sitting in my basket and breathed a sigh of relief, I then bought this Taotronics 10w with 3 daylight colour modes and 6 brightness levels for a 10th of the price

pads

A few months ago I “almost“ bought that lamp after a few beers n’ whisky as i convinced myself I really needed it, but I have a “thing” where I never purchase anything if ive been drinking and it’s after 10pm, the next morning with a slight hangover and nursing a double espresso I saw it sitting in my basket and breathed a sigh of relief, I then bought this Taotronics 10w with 3 daylight colour modes and 6 brightness levels for a 10th of the price

lol, glad I'm not the only one...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Enough of the can you test this, can you test that, the important question is.... Where did you get that lamp?
At least you knew it was a lamp. I've stared at the thing longer than I care to admit wondering what the heck kind of attachment it was and what it measured?

cursive

Forum Donor
I'm still holding out for a review on the banana lamp. I expect it to measure well :p.

I watched the BenQ promo video and was surprised to see that it's actually intended to be right above your pc screen, I guess I always imagined a light shining right on the screen would make it look washed out and lose contrast, but perhaps it is better for eye health.

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Y6jQIKp.jpg

Congrats on crossing 10k subs soon.

wgb113

Just wanted to say I’m enjoying your videos. You do a great job explaining the measurements and don’t ramble. Keep it up!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Now he can start saying stuff like "I don't know why anyone with less than 10k subscribers thinks they can express a worthy opinion" etc. ;)
Could this mean amirm is finally ready to abandon the ' doctor/ patient analogy as means for appealing to authority...

Its served so well and has no counter , what happens when someone with 20k subscribers is talking nonsense? Disaster for us !

Bad car analogies and the doctor knows best will have to do for now.

respice finem

Major Contributor
And no effing mercy if something is cr@ppy (even if the own company is the distributor). Unmatched so far.

mkarikom

Excellent! I think the YouTube crowd should also know that at ASR we have only one hard-and-fast-rule. Never listen to the product. ;)

A modern bench is hardware, software, and wet-ware!

Seriously, though, Amir's need to crank that dial reminds me of Lavoisier describing the "taste" of acids... It's just a fun, convenient, and inexpensive test. On top of the tens of thousands he spends on testing gear, the guy is putting his health on the line in the name of science, what more could you ask?

According to the audiophiles, a lot more, apparently...

Top Bottom