• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introduction to Audio Science Review YouTube Channel

Helicopter

Major Contributor
But hearing the chewing--didn't need that. I need less transparent headphones.

Rick ":)" Denney
Maybe when he's doing a good product, he could just do the video, but when it's a bad product, he could always sound like there is food in his mouth. :D I know voice artists use licorice for this because it is obvious you're eating, but it doesn't make as much nasty or overly distracting sound as something like pasta or crackers. Maybe eat boiling hot noodle soup for the worst headless panther. :p

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's pretty cool merch Amir. Imagine ASR fans going to audio shows and expos while wearing ASR shirts. That would strike fear into the minds of the exhibitors as well as the snake oil showmans that perform those dubious demos. It would help keep them more inline and honest.
I had not thought of that. Kept worrying that I would go to a show and half the exhibitors throw me out. :) Have a bunch of people wearing ASR shirts would indeed send a powerful message that there is a new world order. That we need stuff that is shown to have efficacy and objective information.

Can you perhaps write a philosophical dissertation on the ASR logo design? Just kidding. Can you please explain in a few words what the design represents, the choice of colours, who designed it, etc.? I for one and I suspect others would find that interesting.
I used an online site for it. I browsed their existing designs and found this one. I thought the gears represented precision and machinery. I like the colors as being cheerful. Importantly, the whole thing could be reduced to tiny size for website icons (show on tabs in your browser) and still be recognizable. I slapped the text after it and that was that. Paid my fee and they send me the design.

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
“Kept worrying that I would go to a show and half the exhibitors throw me out.”

Heh. Just bring a film crew, then they must welcome you AND look cheerful while doing it!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Heh. Just bring a film crew, then they must welcome you AND look cheerful while doing it!
I am my own camera crew. This is how I cover audio shows:

A7II_actioncamera.jpg

Helmet comes in handy if someone hits me on the back of the head!

Slayer

amirm, i have enjoyed all your videos. Unlike most of the so called informative review videos, you actually show the proven specs of products. While maintaining a natural way as to not keep the viewer bored. To many others ramble on without saying much of anything and in some boring monotone voice that makes one feel as their back in school listen to an 80 yr old physics professor who should have retired long ago. So in short, you're doing a fine job.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
amirm, i have enjoyed all your videos. Unlike most of the so called informative review videos, you actually show the proven specs of products. While maintaining a natural way as to not keep the viewer bored. To many others ramble on without saying much of anything and in some boring monotone voice that makes one feel as their back in school listen to an 80 yr old physics professor who should have retired long ago. So in short, you're doing a fine job.
Welcome to ASR @Slayer. :D

Rockdog

Good lookin man, even with your mouth full...and everyone knows you only do real audio science by sighted listening tests while drunk.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
If the left eye is Oculus Sinister, does that mean Left Amir is evil and Right Amir is good?

Weeb Labs

Had I known of this channel, I would have approached you for a collab! I'm sure you'd have loved to take on the challenge of explaining the I2S protocol in 90 seconds. :p

jam

Had I known of this channel, I would have approached you for a collab! I'm sure you'd have loved to take on the challenge of explaining the I2S protocol in 90 seconds. :p
What a coincidence, a couple hours ago, I was closing some tabs on my browser and I had downloaded this PDF on I2S from Cypress Semiconductor's website. Ask and you shall receive as the saying goes. Not quite 90 seconds though. ;)

Last edited:

Weeb Labs

What a coincidence, a couple hours ago, I was closing some tabs on my browser and I had downloaded this PDF on I2S from Cypress Semiconductor's website. Ask and you shall receive as the saying goes. Not quite 90 seconds though. ;)
Heh. Not for me but for viewers. ;)

Top Bottom