• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introducing the Khadas Balanced RCA

Wombat

Master Contributor
RCAs made to the original RCA specs will couple firmly. No locking required for domestic use. I have not had an RCA coupling come self-undone in 50+ years.

OP
Gouwa

Gouwa

Audio Company
If you want RCAs for balanced, why not just put two on the device, one for +, one for - ? Make your twin RCA to XLR cable and call it done.

I don't think it works out for true balanced in technical, as the hot and cold signals for balanced purpose must be twisted pair to improve the performance.

Two RCA SE Jack on a Hi-Fi device with separate RCA cables for each channel can reduce the electronic rejection and crosstalk :)

Tks

Major Contributor
Idk, half the attraction to balanced interconnects is the sturdy and rugged XLR connectors.

I suppose this is good for devices competing with thickness. But can't imagine the issue is this great to warrant a whole new creation like this?

Reactions: wje

laoxiao

That is not only balanced but also single-ended, the circuit is not easy.
We know that SE is obtained through balanced.

MalinYamato

I can't find cables with this connector. If I am to buy a Khadas DAC/AMP I want a balanced RCA to 4.4 adapter to connect it to an amp.

OP
Gouwa

Gouwa

Audio Company
I can't find cables with this connector. If I am to buy a Khadas DAC/AMP I want a balanced RCA to 4.4 adapter to connect it to an amp.
Here you go:

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like the clear winner in the “balanced connector for tiny boxes” is the old pro 1/4” TRS. In addition to Topping miniDSP is now using it.

MalinYamato

Here you go:
I found it but it has an enormous bulky XLR on its end. I am a woman who wants it small such as a 4.4.

MalinYamato

It looks like the clear winner in the “balanced connector for tiny boxes” is the old pro 1/4” TRS. In addition to Topping miniDSP is now using it.
yep, that is better, but the best for me is 4.4 pentacon

Top Bottom