• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Introducing Drop + THX AAA ONE Linear Amplifier (Pre-orders @ $149)

D00M

Looks like Drop + THX AAA One is not so popular. No interest or thread update since July 2021.

I was looking for entry level amp. Thanks to this forum on measurement data for comparison. I was going to get Schiit Magni (either 3+ or Heresy), as that is often highly recommended for entry level. It's $99 + shipping + tax.

Then I saw the AAA One for $149 - $20 coupon + tax (no shipping charge). Which means AAA One is $20 more than Schiit Magni. I decided to go with AAA One for the build quality, runs cooler, lower gain (for IEM), and pre out (easier to connect PC speaker).

This is my first headphone amp, so I don't have much to compare against. I am using it with Hifiman Deva, Sennheiser HD560S, and Audio-Technica ATH-A700. On the sound, there is slight improvement. Less noise in background. Vocals seems a bit fuller and smoother. Less sibilance. Also, I find HD560S is less fatiguing with AAA One. I have been using Oratory EQ, which helps. Now with AAA One, even without EQ, I don't find HD560S fatiguing. Not exactly sure if it is due to the amp or I have gotten more used to HD560S.

roog

Forum Donor
I liked mine very much, I still have it, but was taken in the the Sabaj a10h which has relay-resistor volume control, digital display of vol setting and a remote control. Hooray,

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Old thread, but just got another one of these today, with Truthear Zero IEM's it sounds gorgeous in low gain mode using the RCA out on a Liquid Platinum DAC. Might shop for a used JDS Atom DAC, since it would match and both have the auto power down feature. Next up is the DT880 600 ohm to see how they power up with an EQ preamp reduction.

Top Bottom