• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Internship Opportunities - Leads, Interests, & Networking

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What a an interesting and talented group of people we have here in ASR! We range from young to retired, highly technical engineers and scientists, to creative, musician-types, so accomplished professionals. We are located in all corners of the world. We can be a valuable resource to each other, our friends, families and colleagues, if we are are interested.

So, the specific purpose of this thread is to post internship leads and interests so that those of us (or those closest to us) can find the right match for professional learning and development.

Please participate as much as you can, also considering people you know outside of ASR who might benefit, either on the hiring side or on the student/early career side.

OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll kick it off:

Need: A summer internship in the digital game or computer animation industries (or other digital content business)
Candidate: A rising Junior at DePaul University with a Game Development major. Experience includes 3D animation, programing, screenwriting, handling high-pressure situations with high EQ.
Timing: June-August (doesn't have to be the full period)

Please DM with any leads or suggestions. Thanks!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last week, I was browsing through the Audiograph website who manufactures an dummy load box for the AP that @amirm uses.
Their website had an advertisement for employment in Linköping, Sweden HQs. A fringe but may be an excellent opportunity to stick out in the audio industry.
[Nowheres near Chicago, though! Sorry!:(]

BTW: Have you reached out at this thread "Suggestion about career in Hifi Engineer!"?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey, my kid is now a rising university Senior in Game Development, on Dean’s list, 4.0 the past two terms. Someone needs to bring them in for Summer 2024!

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey, my kid is now a rising Senior, on Dean’s list, 4.0 the past two terms. Someone needs to bring them in for Summer 2024!
Oh Mahn! I just heard a dollar amount for edcuation that made me gulp so much, it almost made me gag!
The number was $25,000USD
per student
per year
of K through 12
See those numbers? That is at least 3 gulps.
This is a recent number either for California or average of all states.
Gag part is that K-12 students' performance - in the math/english tests - are going south... one can only hope it is until Summer 2024!:)

PS: Kudos to you and your whiz kid!

Top Bottom