• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Interface advice

charbug

I have a quick question. I changed gear on my setup at home to go DSP and use JRiver and audiolense for room correction. I bought an RME UC and got it configured thd other day and up and running. I also built a new windows PC with the latest Gen 11 processor and windows 10. The setup is OK but from my past life using a benchmark DAC for digital playback I can tell it is not the same quality I'm used to. Sweetwater will upgrade my to the UCX II when it comes out and hopefully it will make up for what I sense I miss. I know the UC is a 2009 product. I need atleast 6 analogue outputs, 2 analogue inputs, a mic preamp for my measuring mic, and either spdif or optical for CD player. I would like a unit with better A/D and D/A. I called apogee today and they said they had nothing that would work for me because I'm not apple. So I'm just looking for some recommendations? Maybe a lynx aurora n. I would like to stay with a single unit and not piece mill things together. By the way once I figured TotalMix out it works very nice. It was a learning curve though.

Top Bottom