• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Interesting new kit from PE: Open back midrange 3 way.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting stuff from our friends in Ohio:

For 674 USD you get a big cabinet, an open back coaxial midrange, and an 8 inch woofer.

Seems like a very fun speaker and epitomizes why I like DIY - low cost, unique product.

In the 80s there were a lot of interesting and innovative speakers with odd radiation patterns and crossover topologies. Everything from Bose to DCM to EPI and Vandersteen. There's something to be said for experimentation in audio, and I feel that this design captures a lot of the charm of that era. They can also play pretty loud.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting stuff from our friends in Ohio:

For 674 USD you get a big cabinet, an open back coaxial midrange, and an 8 inch woofer.

Seems like a very fun speaker and epitomizes why I like DIY - low cost, unique product.

In the 80s there were a lot of interesting and innovative speakers with odd radiation patterns and crossover topologies. Everything from Bose to DCM to EPI and Vandersteen. There's something to be said for experimentation in audio, and I feel that this design captures a lot of the charm of that era. They can also play pretty loud.
Nice to see a little larger woofer than the usual 5 to 6 inchers.

Top Bottom