• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Interactive Review Tables (Defunct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m8o

Forum Donor
Can we re visit the ability to filter by review date for mobile / tablet users? I know it's possible as an icon for it was available for a few days. Then went away when the individual that provided it bowed out after a disagreement with you/pozz.

99.9% of the time I visit this site I am using my phone or tablet. Not being able to sort the list by review date using those devices greatly curtails me visiting this site to see "what's new". What -is- the way to see that? I find I'm visit mostly to see if there is a test & review of a specific item I'm thinking of or going to buy.

Can the natural sort order be changed to review date and not alphabetical on the manufacturer? Or a selectable pulldown list offered to select the sort column?

Thanks for listening. :)

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Can we re visit the ability to filter by review date for mobile / tablet users? I know it's possible as an icon for it was available for a few days. Then went away when the individual that provided it bowed out after a disagreement with you/pozz.

99.9% of the time I visit this site I am using my phone or tablet. Not being able to sort the list by review date using those devices greatly curtails me visiting this site to see "what's new". What -is- the way to see that? I find I'm visit mostly to see if there is a test & review of a specific item I'm thinking of or going to buy.

Can the natural sort order be changed to review date and not alphabetical on the manufacturer? Or a selectable pulldown list offered to select the sort column?

Thanks for listening. :)
Another mobile user previously asked me to sort it all by brand.

I'm going to create a specific "sort by" button, which will help mobile users. I'm also going to look into creating a mobile-specific dashboard.

Just keep in mind this is all volunteer work, so the changes won't come as quickly as I'd like.

Reactions: m8o

m8o

Forum Donor
Another mobile user previously asked me to sort it all by brand.

I'm going to create a specific "sort by" button, which will help mobile users. I'm also going to look into creating a mobile-specific dashboard.

Just keep in mind this is all volunteer work, so the changes won't come as quickly as I'd like.
Much thanx!
Understood on the topic of our patience.

Last edited:
OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
To-do list moved to the first post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tks

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
2 times:

1. it may be time to use a vertical histogram format for some categories - the lists are getting so long that the horizontal format is really compressing things (esp. the text readability)

2. reviews of regular stereo receivers are lacking - many still listen to FM (esp. to public radio in the US) and besides it would be fun to compare some of the legacy units out there

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
2 times:

1. it may be time to use a vertical histogram format for some categories - the lists are getting so long that the horizontal format is really compressing things (esp. the text readability)

2. reviews of regular stereo receivers are lacking - many still listen to FM (esp. to public radio in the US) and besides it would be fun to compare some of the legacy units out there
About 1, I'm not sure what you mean. How would a histogram help the current indexes?

About 2, that really depends on what people send in. Start a thread and to solicit members with those devices.

miero

@pozz it could be interesting to have pages with measurement graphs of single type for all tested devices.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@pozz it could be interesting to have pages with measurement graphs of single type for all tested devices.
@Koeitje has built the measurement graph. I don't think it's out of the question to have a master list for SINAD and SNR without regard for device type.

In the works are seperate tabs for headphone amp results, power amps, AVR/AVPs and so on.

bobbooo

Major Contributor
@pozz I've noticed the Samsung Galaxy S8+'s SINAD is incorrectly listed as 89 dB. In the recent review of the Google Pixel 4a, the S8+ was also measured further down the page and had a SINAD of 96 dB. Could you correct this on your chart?

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor