• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Intel NUC with Roon ROCK with Anthem STR

Sonnie

Is anyone in these parts using an Intel NUC with Roon ROCK and have it connected vis USB to the Anthem STR preamp/integrated amp?

Anthem recommends Windows or Mac, but curios if anyone else has tried ROCK and been successful without have to buy other equipment to make it work.

Regards,
Sonnie

DanOfRidley

I have a Roon ROCK, but I don't use an Anthem. If you are having trouble you may need to enable the output USB from within ROON, I believe I remember seeing that, I don't see why it would not work as you are describing.

OP
Sonnie

Sonnie

No issues currently with my NUC in another room, but I was considering the STR at one time and would have to connect it via USB because it is not Roon Ready, and I wasn't sure if the STR would read the Linux platform since they do not recommend it.

DanOfRidley

Not sure if you checked out the Roon forum? It's super active and might have some answers there. I have a Sonictransport but also put together a NUC later, wish I had just done the NUC, it's a great value

Top Bottom