• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated that can subjectively compete with Benchmark stack?

MAB

Major Contributor
Thank you. I lost touch with the brand as of the late '70's but a CA1000mk2 I had for a short while was utterly silent and with a beautiful 'feel' to the well engineered switch-gear. I did baulk a bit at he number of sub boards and amount of cabling inside though (the UK now sub-par 'enthusiast' amps coming up back then were simplicity itself in comparison but it seems, got the performance fundamentals wrong :( )
I use a CA-2010 on my workbench to this day. It is beautiful in every way.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Benchmark stack is, of course, sonically stellar - from a classic 2 box perspective.

Feature wise, though, I miss the ability to drive a sub and implement a configurable crossover frequency to optimally drive the back-end of the stack. In many real-world situations, the inability to implement a 2:1 system with an optimal xover may well be a more important performance limitation than perfect theoretical performance with full-range speakers (if there is really such a thing, even Magico these days tries to sell you a sub along with their top range towers :-D).

While I have concerns about NAD's quality issues (I am a fan, but there are too many such discussions to dismiss them), I think they are experimenting with all the best feature mixes. I'd love an M-series version of the D7050.

Top Bottom