• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated amplifier help Please

hawk01

@gopala33 is located a stone’s throw away from my side of the pond. perhaps he does not have any knowledge of local electronics technicians who can easily repair an integrated amplifier, onkyo or otherwise. i can vouch for the vast number of qualified people who can accomplish this task. more so the onkyo being an AB amp where parts replacement may not be an issue even if the unit has been discontinued. i recently had a NAD316BEE integrated amp standby power supply going south on me after ~7yrs of heavy use, got replaced for small change. this among other trivial electronics repair is no big deal if you have the proper information.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@gopala33 check out this DSP pre-amp. Maybe you can get one in Malaysia. It has dB scale and many other great features. Very nice. :D
https://www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series/shd
711taTY400L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

minidsp-harmony-remote-with-shd.jpg

Last edited:

Bear123

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Denon 3600, and attach a heavy block of metal to it somewhere, so it will be heavy.

OP
G

gopala33

You clearly have ZERO idea what you are talking about. Any numbers on the faceplate have NOTHING to do with if your speakers are over driven.

And still have not said why you think your Onk is unrepairable. Too expensive? You live on Unalaska Island and there is no repair shop?

" My amp is louder because it goes to 11" This is Spinal Tap

Here is an amp with as accurate of a volume control labeling as there is. You turn it up until it is loud enough. View attachment 96014

onkyo cannot repair due stop product shop told me
i did had send onkyo direct but they told me unable repair due Parts not available and hard to find and stop product
that problem i have money i do repair my onkyo but they told me unable repair i did ask why he told me need replacement Parts
but unable to get parts seee they stop product

GDK

Forum Donor
110v cannot
Mine 230v only

I from malaysia
My point was not that you should buy that specific unit, but that it appears that dealers still have units. Perhaps there are still ones available closer to you (with the correct voltage).

Unclevanya

Let me also say that your criteria seems a bit narrow. Class D isn't anything like it once was. The objective measurements and subjective listening tests of many people that use this site attest to how good it is. That's not to imply class AB is not also good. The point is, pick features not class of operation. It's extremely unlikely that you could identify the amplifier class without seeing - blind listening tests have shown this over and over.

Bear123

Let me also say that your criteria seems a bit narrow. Class D isn't anything like it once was. The objective measurements and subjective listening tests of many people that use this site attest to how good it is. That's not to imply class AB is not also good. The point is, pick features not class of operation. It's extremely unlikely that you could identify the amplifier class without seeing - blind listening tests have shown this over and over.
OP is not going to consider objective facts in his decision....hence his ruling out of class D and AVR's because they are "bad"(even though probably better than what he had)

Unclevanya

OP is not going to consider objective facts in his decision....hence his ruling out of class D and AVR's because they are "bad"(even though probably better than what he had)
I realize that could be the case, but it isn't always impossible to reach people. Worth a try.

Top Bottom