• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated Amplifier for ProAcs tablette 10 Signature edition

guru.gti

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are doing great.

This is Guru here and I am currently in Singapore.

I did a lot of research and for my near-field listening and bought ProAc Tablettes 10 signature edition. Right now they are sitting idle on my table. I dont have any cables, Amplifier or DAC. I have done some more silly research and rounded up the following Integrated Amplifiers:

1) PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (Planning to buy used to keep the budget under control)
2) Roksan K3
3) Denon PMA 1600NE

Speaker Specs

10 Ohm , Power 50 W , Sensitivity : 86 dB linear for 1 WATT at 1 metre

I rely on Digital Sources (Qobuz) only. Hence I will need some suggestion for a DAC also (Currently thinking about Ares 2 or Pontus v1). I am okay to run them on the Integrated DAC for sometime but wish to leave options open for future upgrades.

For Cables I was thinking about buying some used Canare 4s11 cables.

Let me know your thoughts , If I am headed in the right direction.

Regards,
Guru

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are doing great.

This is Guru here and I am currently in Singapore.

I did a lot of research and for my near-field listening and bought ProAc Tablettes 10 signature edition. Right now they are sitting idle on my table. I dont have any cables, Amplifier or DAC. I have done some more silly research and rounded up the following Integrated Amplifiers:

1) PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier (Planning to buy used to keep the budget under control)
2) Roksan K3
3) Denon PMA 1600NE

Speaker Specs

10 Ohm , Power 50 W , Sensitivity : 86 dB linear for 1 WATT at 1 metre

I rely on Digital Sources (Qobuz) only. Hence I will need some suggestion for a DAC also (Currently thinking about Ares 2 or Pontus v1). I am okay to run them on the Integrated DAC for sometime but wish to leave options open for future upgrades.

For Cables I was thinking about buying some used Canare 4s11 cables.

Let me know your thoughts , If I am headed in the right direction.

Regards,
Guru
Okay, I'll bite.

If you're listening only to streamed music, you don't need an integrated amp. A DAC and a power amp will do you just fine, so long as one or both offers volume control. Topping D30Pro and SMSL DO100 are examples for DACs, and you probably couldn't beat the Topping PA3s for the power amp. Cables are essentially unimportant; don't pay any more than the minimum. You should probably stick with established brands and pure copper conductors, but all your cables in total shouldn't cost more than $50-100 or so US.

Katji

Major Contributor
If you're listening only to streamed music, you don't need an integrated amp. A DAC and a power amp will do you just fine, so long as one or both offers volume control. Topping D30Pro and SMSL DO100 are examples for DACs, and you probably couldn't beat the Topping PA3s for the power amp. Cables are essentially unimportant; don't pay any more than the minimum. You should probably stick with established brands and pure copper conductors, but all your cables in total shouldn't cost more than $50-100 or so US.
+1.
Much easier than spending time now choosing between those 3 listed. I think you can get Topping in Singapore quickly, even if import shipping.

Beautiful speakers, build quality.
I have not heard them, was quite interested at one time. Small local forum, much appreciation of them. (Readily available for demo here.)
After a ProAcc launch presentation...
There is no need for extreme power to make them sing, and even refined SS amps, preferable class A amp, will also do well.
An interestng thread/story, very little "subjective"/etc., but too much imported text for me to copy/post, even enclosed as spoiler. Link in PM on request. :)

Last edited:
OP
G

guru.gti

Okay, I'll bite.

Hi Max,

Thanks for taking out time to provide suggestions. I will do research on the models suggested.

Just wanted to mention this that I have been bitten by a bug that wants to burn a little more money.

I didnt know that I can have a pure Amp also (something without a Preamp, I believe) and run the system with just two components. I will be getting Roon lifetime subscription soon and trying to get the best out of the hardware bought.

I am not sure if it makes a great deal of difference if we choose a particular type of DAC or Amp. Just trying to find my way out of the audiophile labyrinth.

Last but not the least , the components should be easy to sell away in case if I have to move to some other country or if there is an emergency.

Regards,
Guru

Top Bottom