• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated Amplifier for B&W DM 602 S3

OP
C

caccarot81

Resuming

I've a speakers that have 90 db Spl and a power handling in a range from 25/120 W at 8 ohm
Nominal impedence is 3 at 12.5kHz and 4.73ohms at 172Hz.
My room is 15/20 mq,do you think I need an amplifier capable of 100 W at 8 ohm Or a more powerful one,m let's say 140 W at 4 ohm?
Thank for your reply

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
All really depends what will you use to play the music (Windows PC/Mac/Linux on Pi bord or otherwise) player, software you intend to use and which calibration microphone.
Hire is a comparative Windows/Mac example with UMIK - 1/2 and REW.
Procedure doesn't differ much with other mics or room correction software.
What do you use for reproduction?

OP
C

caccarot81

You mean with My B&W that i Don't use now?
They are in My parents house

Now my setup is a Pc with Flac reproduced by Foobar2000

You told me to do a test to measure my Marantz 30 w per channel connected with B&W speakers
Is right?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
So you don't have mesurument mic.
Do you speak some other language that Italian?
What phone do you use and do you have any microphone?
Foobar is quite OK I will have to think about it and remember what I used with it for the purpose (spoiled really as JRiver that I use now has 90% of things I use integrated by default). For which I have time until next week, will contact you privately regarding that.
Did you ever used EQ and do you know at least basics?

OP
C

caccarot81

No Bro,I Don't know the basics of EQ.
I've no Microphone.
I've a Smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 8)
Next week I can Connect speakers+Ampli+CDP.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
No Bro,I Don't know the basics of EQ.
I've a Smartphone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 8)
It will do for basics (won't exactly be accurate) and I will explain you basics of EQ-ing with standard fixed point EQ in Foobar2000 and what PEQ is and how to use it. Make sure to let me know the day before you get to your parents hause (hopefully I won't be doing much at the time).
Do you listen to music with earphones from your smartphone? If so you can start learning how to EQ right now.

Last edited:
OP
C

caccarot81

It will do for basics (won't exactly be accurate) and I will explain you basics of EQ-ing with standard fixed point EQ in Foobar2000 and what PEQ is and how to use it. Make sure to let me know the day before you get to your parents hause (hopefully I won't be doing much at the time).
Do you listen to music with earphones from your smartphone? If so you can start learning how to EQ right now.

No Bro,I don't listen to the music via Smartphone.
My setup for music is
PC>USB>External DAC>RCA>Speakers
I use Foobar2000 for FLACS (Vinyl Ripping/Cd Ripping)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
To bad I wanted to get you started with your countryman player app so you could get a better picture of what you need to do next week and hopefully adopt some concepts in the meantime (I of course use it on the move).

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@ZolaIII

Do you know Audio Analogue Puccini 70?
No i don't did a peak in couple of pictures and didn't liked the interior nor cabling all that much. Just sean transistors which reminded me of old 2N's (who's best side whose availability and easy replacement) but for the asked price and is bare naked amplifier only thanks but no thanks if you ask me. Lol they used fancy power cable and monster cable's run as far as you can from that site and do it quickly.

Top Bottom