• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

integrated amplifier for 2 thousand dollars

Panelhead

Forum Donor
I have to agree. Swapped backward to an old dac with Room Perfect. The DRC really has a positive effect on my speakers and room.
The dac has lower specs and measurements than the dac it replaced , yet made an noticeable change.
To me it showed that in some applications DRC is better than having SOTA performance.

jrampoldi

FYI, the Hegel H90s are down to $1,400 at Dedicated Audio or Safe and Sound. This is due to the arrival of the H95.

Last edited:

Lavawood

Forum Donor
Any updates a year in?
My integrated just crapped out.
It’s worth repairing but I need a stand in.
I like the SHD power, but my turntable is left out.
need 100 watts plus
Usb and optical in
Phono or analog in
WiFi streaming would be nice but I have a pc input (usb)
I have separate usb and optical DACs now.
Remote.

HCT-5808

Any updates a year in?
My integrated just crapped out.
It’s worth repairing but I need a stand in.
I like the SHD power, but my turntable is left out.
need 100 watts plus
Usb and optical in
Phono or analog in
WiFi streaming would be nice but I have a pc input (usb)
I have separate usb and optical DACs now.
Remote.
Yamaha A-S801? Doesn't do streaming. But does everything else on your list.

Phorize

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
May be worth tracking down measurements for the Denon PMA-1600NE. Ticks most of your boxes I think, I can’t find objective reviews of it though.

Doodski

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
May be worth tracking down measurements for the Denon PMA-1600NE. Ticks most of your boxes I think, I can’t find objective reviews of it though.
The Denon only has output power 8 Ohm (20 Hz - 20 kHz, T.H.D. 0.07%)@70 W. Not a lot of power for ~$2000 USD.

Phorize

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Denon only has output power 8 Ohm (20 Hz - 20 kHz, T.H.D. 0.07%)@70 W. Not a lot of power for ~$2000 USD.

Very true, and I haven’t been able to find proper measurements so only recommending it goes onto a list to investigate. If it turns out to have been conservatively rated it may be of interest. Performance aside I haven’t seen much at this price point with everything in one box. Also ( and I say this as the owner of a purifi in an aluminium box amplifier) the overall product execution of the Denon makes even the best small class d module assembler offerings look like DIY.

Doodski

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Very true, and I haven’t been able to find proper measurements so only recommending it goes onto a list to investigate. If it turns out to have been conservatively rated it may be of interest. Performance aside I haven’t seen much at this price point with everything in one box. Also ( and I say this as the owner of a purifi in an aluminium box amplifier) the overall product execution of the Denon makes even the best small class d module assembler offerings look like DIY.
Yes, I agree the Denon hits the checkmarks in the looks dept and it's layout.
It's +/_~51 volts at the unloaded rails according to the service manual. At 70W/[email protected] the rails would sag down to ~+/-33.5V. That's a lotta sag but it's also a lotta voltage for a 70 watt integrated. I am interested in seeing a proper test too. It likely has more than 70watts/[email protected]
Denon PMA 1600NE.png

JSmith

Major Contributor
I am interested in seeing a proper test too.
Me too actually... have been interested in the newer Denon integrated amps for some time. There only seems to be AVR measurements here and elsewhere. Most interested to see how the internal DAC performs etc.

JSmith

Top Bottom