• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

integrated ampli with XLR balanced input

Giustone70

hello ant thank you in advance for your feedback
I'm interested in buying a SMSL SU-9 DAC based on reviews and measurement.
The issue is that it seems the XLR output works better than RCA output but my actual integrated amplifier has not the XLR input.
Could you suggest me a good integrated amp with XLR input to match with the SMSL SU-9 within 1500 USD budget?
Second question: it is possible to use the XLR output having the same quality with a XLR to RCA cable?
Today I have a Rega Elex-R
thanks again for your feedback

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Second question: it is possible to use the XLR output having the same quality with a XLR to RCA cable?
Absolutely not. You can't create a symmetrical signal which does not exist in the first place.
The issue is that it seems the XLR output works better than RCA output but my actual integrated amplifier has not the XLR input.
Not an issue at all. Did you encounter audible problems such as ground loops? If not, there's no need to use balanced for your amp. Anyway, you have to understand that the RCA outputs of the SU-9 already outclasses the analogical performance of your REGA (or any integrated amp on the market whatsoever)... By a mile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom